• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BSC NC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no interest in it and I suspect the ratings for this game will be among the lowest if not lowest in the BCS MNC era...
Because there is a clear #1. More clear than any team in a long while.

So what does that have to do with the one loss teams? How do we know who is the best? We don't...and thats a fact....

Oh and I disagree with you....

Because there is a clear #1. More clear than any team in a long while.

again, why should LSU have to beat Alabama twice -- while Bama can go 1-1 and claim the title?

i have never in my life considered a rematch to be entertaining. oh wait -- i was super pumped for the rematch in the holiday bowl against washington last season... pumped!

You're completely correct on that first point. LSU is obviously getting screwed with how it all shook out.

Like yourself, I normally wouldn't be pumped at all about a rematch. Despite the system flaws, this is one I am pumped about simply because I think they're the two best teams I've seen in a while.

How do you know that though? We don't.....and that is the problem with this mess called the BCS....how are OSu, Stanford etc not good enough? Based on what?....

You're completely correct on that first point. LSU is obviously getting screwed with how it all shook out.

Like yourself, I normally wouldn't be pumped at all about a rematch. Despite the system flaws, this is one I am pumped about simply because I think they're the two best teams I've seen in a while.

Last edited:

I don't know if OSU could outscore LSU.

I do know Alabama couldn't beat LSU on Alabama's own field.

How do you know that though? We don't.....and that is the problem with this mess called the BCS....how are OSu, Stanford etc not good enough? Based on what?....

That's why I qualified it with the two best teams I'VE seen in a while. We all have our own pair of eyes that we see and judge the world through, and I've been around long enough to know that no two pair of eyes are the same. For me, these two teams have the best talent of all the teams I've seen this year, and that includes every team in the top 25.

We'll have to agree to agree about the farce that is the BcS. :)

Last edited:
That's why I qualified it with the two best teams I'VE seen in a while. We all have our own pair of eyes that we see and judge the world through, and I've been around long enough to know that no two pairs of eyes are the same. For me, these two teams have the best talent of all the teams I've seen this year, and that includes every team in the top 25.

You know not what you see.. However, I see the same.

So what does that have to do with the one loss teams? How do we know who is the best? We don't...and thats a fact....

Oh and I disagree with you....
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Since my KSU husband and I are sitting here watching 3 different football games, I'm pretty sure that we will also be watching the national championship, even though neither of our teams will be in it.

As an aside, while "we" are trying to watch 3 games, my husband keeps switching channels to avoid commercials. It's almost like there is a schedule for commercials and everyone has to take them at the same time. Do you suppose those TV commercial "officials" are using their cell phones to make sure that all games are showing commercials at the same time?

Go watch Osu tonight....

Yes we agree on the mess that is the BCS....

That's why I qualified it with the two best teams I'VE seen in a while. We all have our own pair of eyes that we see and judge the world through, and I've been around long enough to know that no two pair of eyes are the same. For me, these two teams have the best talent of all the teams I've seen this year, and that includes every team in the top 25.

Why? They're clearly the two best teams in the country. Would it be more entertaining to watch Okie State's great offense go up against LSU's defense? Definitely. But, they're definitely not as well rounded a team as LSU and 'Bama.

Gary Danielson made a good point a while ago where he showed the offensive and defensive national rankings for LSU, 'Bama and Okie St. The disparity between Okie State's offensive and defensive ranking is too wide (3rd ranked offense and 107th ranked defense). He said the defense should be ranked in the 50's or 60's to be considered for the national championship game, and I agree.

When did this become a qualifier to be considered for the title game? What about offense? What should the offensive ranking be for consideration? Sounds kind of far-fetched to me. Why don't we wait till all the games are played out first to see what we're left with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back