• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska 2024 Spring Game Thread (4/27/24) BTN 11AM CST

Some big holes early in the game when the O-line starters were playing. If the room stays healthy we will be a tough offense to defend with the TE and WR room making the defense play the whole field. I don’t think we will be facing defensive fronts with 7-9 in the box anymore.
We have a guy or two not yet on campus they'll find a way to contribute yet as well. I should say didn't play, Chi and Nelson.

Last edited:

I came away with a different impression. DR looks clearly ready to play game 1. While HH looked better in the format, we don't seem to have a situation where there is a battle because DR is playing down to his capabilities because of inexperience.
Between now and end of August we'll see who grows more. IOW, HH isn't peaked out yet, and we of course haven't seen DR's ceiling.

I just think Raiola's upside is SO far above Haarberg's skillset that you can't not start him and get him on the path to learning under fire. Haarberg's ceiling is probably below Raiola's floor, except for the running. Haarberg, I'm guessing, will be the backup and will get some playtime in packages . . . but you have to start the gunslinger and get him learning on the job.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back