• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Oklahoma State comprehensive football thread

Looks like Gundy went mining for diamonds in the rough again in the 2024 class. Offered Jaden Allen Hendrix, 6'2 225 RB out of South Carolina. Only had FCS offers.

Last edited:

Brennan Presley tweeted that he's returning in 2024. With Ollie Gordon returning, as well as much of the team, 2024 *could* shape up to be something. Lots of ifs, ands, and buts ahead though.

1703975433951.png

Last edited:

Living my best life.

Tired of all the sad little brother whining that goes on with the cowpukes. If you’d read this message board a little closer and quit polishing Gundys flagpole, you would see the Iowa hate and the Colorado hate.

Glad we’re leaving osu in the rear view mirror. Things will be a lot harder for sure and we will probably have more loses in the SEC but the Big 12 is a shell of its self despite their commissioner pulling out all of the P.T. Barnum carney crap.

I will say this the Big 12 should be an outstanding basketball conference.
The new Big 12, to me, will be the most highly competitive league, top to bottom. All the teams, mostly, are of the same caliber. I bet it will be a league fun to watch, and ultra competitive. It’s champion many years might have 3 losses. Top to bottom, they could beat thier fair share from the SEC or BIG.

The new Big 12, to me, will be the most highly competitive league, top to bottom. All the teams, mostly, are of the same caliber. I bet it will be a league fun to watch, and ultra competitive. It’s champion many years might have 3 losses. Top to bottom, they could beat thier fair share from the SEC or BIG.

Unfortunately, the 12 team playoff will be all about the Big 10 and SEC. I'm guessing 3-4 teams from each, and 1 from the Big 12, in an odd year, 2. The conference placement in the playoff will be largely set by the first pre-season poll. In other words, if there are 3-4 Big 10 teams in the top 12, and 3-4 SEC teams in the top 12 (which there will be), that will be the case for the 12 team playoff. The teams might change some, but media is selecting conference participation from the outset. So a three-loss Big 10 team, or three-loss SEC team, is always and forevermore going to be ranked higher than the three-loss Big 12 or ACC team. They get the benefit of the doubt, because media has cast their lot with them.

By design, we no longer have much evidence as to the quality of the "new" Big 10 and SEC, as most of the major bowl games, media had them playing one another. In the two Big 12-SEC matchups we had, the Big 12 team won. OSU beat Aggie, and Arizona beat another SEC team, Oklahoma, rather soundly. Of course, the pundits will excuse A&M for the loss due to their large number of missing players. There's always cover somewhere when the wrong team loses.

In the future, there will be even fewer opportunities to make comparisons. Again, by design. Mathematically, as set by big media, the Big 12 will win one national championship every dozen or so years.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Moutain West the way you described it.

Unfortunately, the 12 team playoff will be all about the Big 10 and SEC. I'm guessing 3-4 teams from each, and 1 from the Big 12, in an odd year, 2. The conference placement in the playoff will be largely set by the first pre-season poll. In other words, if there are 3-4 Big 10 teams in the top 12, and 3-4 SEC teams in the top 12 (which there will be), that will be the case for the 12 team playoff. The teams might change some, but media is selecting conference participation from the outset. So a three-loss Big 10 team, or three-loss SEC team, is always and forevermore going to be ranked higher than the three-loss Big 12 or ACC team. They get the benefit of the doubt, because media has cast their lot with them.

By design, we no longer have much evidence as to the quality of the "new" Big 10 and SEC, as most of the major bowl games, media had them playing one another. In the two Big 12-SEC matchups we had, the Big 12 team won. OSU beat Aggie, and Arizona beat another SEC team, Oklahoma, rather soundly. Of course, the pundits will excuse A&M for the loss due to their large number of missing players. There's always cover somewhere when the wrong team loses.

In the future, there will be even fewer opportunities to make comparisons. Again, by design. Mathematically, as set by big media, the Big 12 will win one national championship every dozen or so years.
You can dismiss the fact A&M was only playing with 55 scholarship players but facts are facts.

I’ll be surprised if the Big 12 has a team in the championship game every dozen or so years let alone wins one.

Last edited:
C’mon man.. many of these teams have beaten OU and Texas, fairly regularly. That’s not giving credit where it’s due.
Looking forward that’s where I see The Big 12 in football.

Now basketball is a different story. This is going to be a heck of a basketball conference.

Looking forward that’s where I see The Big 12 in football.

Now basketball is a different story. This is going to be a heck of a basketball conference.
Ahhh, but they aren’t mountain west schools. They are big, state universities. I think they’ll beat some people. It will be a fun confrence to watch. Meanwhile, you’ll be wallering in abyss, wondering why you are 6-6, wishing you hadnt sold your souls to Texas.

Ahhh, but they aren’t mountain west schools. They are big, state universities. I think they’ll beat some people. It will be a fun confrence to watch. Meanwhile, you’ll be wallering in abyss, wondering why you are 6-6, wishing you hadnt sold your souls to Texas.
Better to be in the abyss then a mud puddle.

And Mountain West is about right. Mountain West football is fun to watch too!

Last edited:

Remember those words, as we both know, some of their teams will take down SEC & BIG schools.

The buzz about the B1G and SEC is silly. Those conferences are riding coattails of a few teams, just like the big 12 rode OU’s. Will someone in the Big 12 rise to replace OU? Doubt it. But most of the Big 12 can hang with most of the SEC and B1G.

This year aside, Texas hasn’t been relevant in terms of national championship opportunities. I’m guessing they have about as much success in the SEC as they did in the Big 12. I think OU will be immediately competitive at the top, as they were in the Big 12. Sure hope so.

Yormark is just getting started with the Big 12. He’s going to continue knee-dropping his doubters.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back