• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Making a Last "Minute" Push To Flip 5* QB Dylan Raiola

So much to un pack here. This is actually uncomfortable in many ways. Former Nebraska QB Sam Keller, back in 2009 started legal action against video game maker EA Sports for compensation for name image and likeness. It became a class action suit and in many ways opened the genie bottle of NIL today. (Interesting, simply because of the ties to a Nebraska player).
The question is, if Dylan Raiola comes to Nebraska, how much of the decision is directly related to money? How much is because he actually likes the University, the history of his father having played here and being a legacy player? It could be the answers to those questions are even kind of murky.
There is no denying that Dylan is a rare talent coming out of high school. How many high schools did he attend? Part of the uncomfortable feeling with this recruitment is the manner it is all playing out. Will Dylan portal out the minute things don't go his way? Will he play a couple years, and go pro at the earliest moment? Or will he become a multi year starter and a great representative for Nebraska? The worst scenario, is that Dylan pulls the rug out from under us, visits this weekend and doesn't commit. (After likely costing us both McCord and Kaelin).
I would love to see Dylan on the field, representing Nebraska, and likely being a huge cog in the rebuilding of the Huskers. His recruitment however, is putting coach Rhule into a game of high stakes poker.
Finally. I wish we could put the cork back into the genie bottle. I liked the separation when there were professional sports, and amateur college sports.
I feel this way too and i would be willing to bet if he comes here hell be in the portal at some point
But even if that happens, he can do a lot of good here in 2 yrs if he bolts. Esp in peer recruiting
And his dad and uncle will hopefully be key in getting him to stay put.
Otherwise lets be honest, hes had more hs schools and college committments than one can count. Hes def a little flaky in that regard

Yeah. If this is a big game of brinksmanship with UGA, and he ends up going there it would be VERY distasteful. Raiolas could claim the high ground in that "Dylan honored his commitment to UGA"
For what it's worth, we're paying Rhule to sit at that poker table. His job is to change the direction and fortunes of the Husker football program. I am glad we have him, and admire that he is willing to take the risks and swing for the fences.

I feel this way too and i would be willing to bet if he comes here hell be in the portal at some point
But even if that happens, he can do a lot of good here in 2 yrs if he bolts. Esp in peer recruiting
And his dad and uncle will hopefully be key in getting him to stay put.
Otherwise lets be honest, hes had more hs schools and college committments than one can count. Hes def a little flaky in that regard
listening to 1620 this morning and Matt Vrzal said the high school jumping is more common in larger areas with more blue chip athletes.

So much to un pack here. This is actually uncomfortable in many ways. Former Nebraska QB Sam Keller, back in 2009 started legal action against video game maker EA Sports for compensation for name image and likeness. It became a class action suit and in many ways opened the genie bottle of NIL today. (Interesting, simply because of the ties to a Nebraska player).
The question is, if Dylan Raiola comes to Nebraska, how much of the decision is directly related to money? How much is because he actually likes the University, the history of his father having played here and being a legacy player? It could be the answers to those questions are even kind of murky.
There is no denying that Dylan is a rare talent coming out of high school. How many high schools did he attend? Part of the uncomfortable feeling with this recruitment is the manner it is all playing out. Will Dylan portal out the minute things don't go his way? Will he play a couple years, and go pro at the earliest moment? Or will he become a multi year starter and a great representative for Nebraska? The worst scenario, is that Dylan pulls the rug out from under us, visits this weekend and doesn't commit. (After likely costing us both McCord and Kaelin).
I would love to see Dylan on the field, representing Nebraska, and likely being a huge cog in the rebuilding of the Huskers. His recruitment however, is putting coach Rhule into a game of high stakes poker.
Finally. I wish we could put the cork back into the genie bottle. I liked the separation when there were professional sports, and amateur college sports.
Connection Error!
Connection Error!

Last edited:
Connection Error!

Last edited:

Good episode, brings some clarity on what possibly happened with McCord. I wouldn’t want to come in on what should basically be my NFL audition year with a 5* freshman legacy behind me. 1 interception and the crowd starts chanting Raiola
Dude has run away from competition twice in the last two weeks. For me, that was and still is a red flag.

Sounds like daddy wants Kyle to enter a situation where there is no competition.

Feel bad for Kyle. Life is going to get real tough when he enters the real world....or the NFL. lol

Dude has run away from competition twice in the last two weeks. For me, that was and still is a red flag.

Sounds like daddy wants Kyle to enter a situation where there is no competition.

Feel bad for Kyle. Life is going to get real tough when he enters the real world....or the NFL. lol

Also kind of makes you wonder if the young man might really be ready to separate from that situation sooner than later.

So ya, I feel badly for the young man as well. But at some point, be a man.

Ah who knows really. Get DR onboard and let's go.

Makes you wonder if dad had something to him leaving Ohio State.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back