• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The 2024 portal season thread

But they can't leave until the 4th, right?

The 4th is when the portal opens up for most players to enter. The portal is only open now for graduate transfers and players from teams who lost their head coach. The links in the OP provide more details on how the portal works.

But they can't leave until the 4th, right?

Regardless of when a player enters the portal, if they get a scholarship offer from a new school, it works just like a "regular" student. They finish fall semester at Nebraska and then go to their new school for the spring semester.

For example, UNC WR Tez Walker transferred from Kent State to UNC during winter break last year. He finished fall semester at Kent State, moved back to North Carolina, and started class at UNC on January 9, 2023.

Last edited:

My only concern is that Rhule made it clear that he's not interested in getting in any bidding wars. We're going to make an offer, and if it's not good enough, so be it. Unfortunately, in the portal wars, we're going to miss out on a lot of top prospects with that mentality.

Bingo.

I don't like his NIL approach either. (See Rhule's comments on hoping there wouldn't be a "Harberg Hamburger.") Thankfully, Trev Alberts does get it. He's one of the ADs pushing for NCAA rules changes that would allow universities to be more directly involved with NIL. Alberts knows Nebraska could make serious gains using NIL. Hopefully he'll change Rhule's outlook.

Last edited:
My only concern is that Rhule made it clear that he's not interested in getting in any bidding wars. We're going to make an offer, and if it's not good enough, so be it. Unfortunately, in the portal wars, we're going to miss out on a lot of top prospects with that mentality.
I look at that as MR taking a broader approach. If it works for him then great. I think he believes in recruiting HS kids, that's where he goes to war.
By broader approach I mean one of many, not one a must. Different for HS though

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back