• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LA Tech Week Practice Thread: 21 Sept. Coach Ruhle

There were 5 minutes left when Grant fumbled. Let's say NU drive stalls and we miss a field goal. Minnesota gets the ball back with 3 minutes left (I base that on the time 3 play drives took in the game summary). After the fumble, Minnesota drove 53 yds for the TD in 2:21. That still gives them +/- :40 secs if they needed or if Rhule punted. Just saying it isn't that hard to imagine a scenario to lose without the fumble.

The fumble was significant, and I do think we win if it doesn't happen, but I am surer the fumble wouldn't have cost us the game if Giff makes the pick.

By the way, imo Giff missing the pick didn't cost us the game either. It was an accumulation of things that Nebraska still does that led to the loss. Piper false start, three picks, 1 fumble etc. etc.

It was the curse!

Actually I agree with your assessment. No one individual or play cost us the game.

Rhule is the first coach we've had in a while that I feel like both understands and appreciates the fanbase he has behind him at Nebraska.

Frost seemed to understand it, but was overwhelmed by it.
Riley it was hard to tell, since he wasn't here long.
Pelini seemed to be mostly annoyed by it.
Callahan seemed to not care about it.

I think Rhule gets it and embraces it in the right way. I think it will take some time to get all of the players realizing what it means to the state and how to use that as positive motivation.
He evidently enjoyed something . . . always 'a-smiling.

smiling Mike Riley.jpg

jeez, can't argue with that logic.

Ok, let me try: It is extremely difficult to impossible to see how we lose the game if Giff makes the pick. Hold onto it and we have a 1st down with about 2 minutes left. Yes, other plays mattered - the three interceptions and Grant's fumble - but that pick seals the deal.
I do not disagree with your premise on the INT and that if that event went positive in NUs favor … you’re right … we probably win. That does not negate my point on AGs fumble. If everything played out as it did except AG doesn’t fumble we very very likely win.

So tell me … what is more likely to happen? A LB catching an INT or a RB holding onto the ball? To me the RB holding onto the ball is his #1 job, especially at that juncture in the game!

This fumble did lose the game ... hold onto the ball and the Huskers have a 1st down with Minnesota unable to prevent the Huskers from burning the majority if not all of the clock out.

Sure there are other plays that affected the outcome but it is extremely difficult if not impossible the develop a set of circumstances that suggest if AG didn't fumble that ball that the Huskers still could've lost.

Team game - yes.
Other plays that affected the outcome - sure.

Still doesn't negate the significance and importance that fumble had on the outcome of the game!
Players make the plays. Winners make the winning plays

Last edited:

As in Rahmir Johnson? huskernole sit down. I've got some bad news.

If you're talking about if his surgery which was yesterday or today went well, I don't think they ever would say if it didn't go well. And anyway the success rates nowadays are very high.
I knew they were out, but Rhule seemed very upset about Rahmir, so I was wondering how it went.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back