• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Minnesota Game Thread (8/31/23)

The effort is there on defense.

We are losing big on TOs, penalties, and 3rd downs. That part is like old times.

No penalties or TOs for Gophers that I recall in first half.

overall happy. most disappointing: Jeff Sims and not see Ervin until the last series. Most optimistic: d is flying. to many 3rd down conversions, but I think they are starting to loosen up and play better.
Sims is playing well... has no one to throw to and the coaching staff put him in a terrible situation at the end. Very poor play calling and game management by the staff.

Shouldn‘t the false start play be nullified by the review, and the ball remained at the goal line for the next play? I just don’t see how a review and a false start can exist on the same play like that.

He never should have been throwing a pass... very poor coaching the final :30. Again, I like the staff, but they blew it there.
I disagree. There was time for a pass, with enough time left for a field goal. What needed to happen was either go to an open receiver (87 at the goal) or throw it away. Instead, bad read and tried to force it.

We've had one possession pinned at the one. Minny has 3 points into the 2nd quarter. This game will be won or lost by our oline not our defense. D played well, good angles, good tackling.

Focus on the our offensive line. That's where our weakness is.
I really havent been impressed.

Satterfield blew that goalline call. He should have given the QB an option to run the ball to the field side or throw it away. That's why a waggle would have been an ideal call. He ran a play with three wide receivers in the short side of the field in the end zone. Way too much congestion

Apparently not.

After the first half we just saw, you take the points and start a new game in the second half. The fact that your line false started on the 6 inch line is a good argument for believing you are not ready to try and get that play done before the clock expires.

Having said that, it’s good that Rhule showed he believes in his players. Hopefully, they will reward his faith in the second half.
A TD gives you the shot to go up 2 scores before minn gets the ball again.

Good grief, fellas . . . this was a 4-win team for years under Frost. That doesn't get fixed over one srping/summer. Rhule will get this turned around. It's going to take time.

This is why I wasn't buying the "we're gonna kill them" talk. This is a mediocre team trying to learn how to win.

The effort is there on defense.

We are losing big on TOs, penalties, and 3rd downs. That part is like old times.

No penalties or TOs for Gophers that I recall in first half.
Defense is playing well. Vastly superior to Minnesota's offense. If our offense gets its head in the game, we'll be fine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back