• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Raiola commits to Georgia

Thank God that’s over.
It’s not over. It’s never over!

Where is the thread asking

What kept him from signing here.

Why Georgia over any other school?

What NIl money will he get at GA

And on and on and on until we realize 2023 did not get NU to a bowl. And, it’s his fault

It’s not over. It’s never over!

Where is the thread asking

What kept him from signing here.

Why Georgia over any other school?

What NIl money will he get at GA

And on and on and on until we realize 2023 did not get NU to a bowl. And, it’s his fault

You going to be OK?

Georgia offers nothing over Nebraska, pal?
Most elite collegiate QBs rarely remain at the school beyond the minimum.
Many elite collegiate QBs transfer at least once … Hurts, C.Williams, …
If Raiola is good enough to start at NU or UGA he’s likely getting drafted.

If he goes to UGA he will be another S. Bennett, or Stafford, or Eason, or Fromm.
Winning a Heisman is probably the only thing that would separate him.

Winning at Nebraska, returning it to prominence would make him a superstar rivaling T Frazier.

UGA is going to continue to recruit elite QBs, including a redshirt freshman and redshirt sophomore currently on the team and unlikely to concede the starting position.

No one is suggesting UGA isn’t a better program and much more likely to contend for CFP but coming to NU and being part of the turnaround isn’t something that should be discounted.

7lwl35.gif

Most elite collegiate QBs rarely remain at the school beyond the minimum.
Many elite collegiate QBs transfer at least once … Hurts, C.Williams, …
If Raiola is good enough to start at NU or UGA he’s likely getting drafted.

If he goes to UGA he will be another S. Bennett, or Stafford, or Eason, or Fromm.
Winning a Heisman is probably the only thing that would separate him.

Winning at Nebraska, returning it to prominence would make him a superstar rivaling T Frazier.

UGA is going to continue to recruit elite QBs, including a redshirt freshman and redshirt sophomore currently on the team and unlikely to concede the starting position.

No one is suggesting UGA isn’t a better program and much more likely to contend for CFP but coming to NU and being part of the turnaround isn’t something that should be discounted.
It's not the college have that we all remember. It's not about ten building, bonding and commitment. It's about money and getting to the next level. QB's can transfer every year and start right away. No longer does a player have to sit for a year before playing. It's selfish of have to think that the number 1 recruit in the country should go to a dumpster fire program to "turn it around". It ain't happening. This is not the college football that I grew up loving. It's show me the money and put me in the championship. NU will likely never be what they once were. If things don't move in a positive direction quick you will see players xfer after a few games.

It’s disappointing. I’d bet his dad is secretly disappointed, although he won’t show it. Georgia offers nothing over Nebraska, other than they are winning big right now. He could have been a guy that helped get NU pointed in the right direction, and maybe even more. Good luck to him, he will need it. He could find himself on the bench behind quite a bit of talent as well.

Georgia offers not only championship aspirations ... but a program that is plugging players into the NFL at a high rate, quality skill position players for Dylan, and a much better o-line to protect him.

I can't think of any advantage Nebraska offers. Sure, his path to starting is much easier at Nebraska -- but the #1 overall recruit is not looking for the easiest path to starting as a top priority (why not Illinois then?). The #1 QB believes in himself.

I'm certain Dylan was aware he could have lead Nebraska back to glory. Or quite a few other schools for that matter. He's probably also more likely to take hits behind a Nebraska offensive line that simply is not at the level of Georgia and many others.

Why do you think the top ranked high school player needs luck? Do you think the same for every 5-star recruit? "Good luck to him, he will need it." Really?

I don't get it the criticism at all. Dylan Raiola is doing what the vast majority of every 5-star recruit has ever done -- play for the elite schools. Should they all be questioned for making this crazy choice -- or just Dylan -- since he was on our radar?

Much less pressure on him (real or perceived) at UGA than NU. Most folks there don't know who his dad is/was and he's just another highly rated QB in a line of them.

He can go in and just be himself and not worry about being a legacy or being viewed as a savior who bears the weight of building the program back to glory.

Georgia offers not only championship aspirations ... but a program that is plugging players into the NFL at a high rate, quality skill position players for Dylan, and a much better o-line to protect him.

I can't think of any advantage Nebraska offers. Sure, his path to starting is much easier at Nebraska -- but the #1 overall recruit is not looking for the easiest path to starting as a top priority (why not Illinois then?). The #1 QB believes in himself.

I'm certain Dylan was aware he could have lead Nebraska back to glory. Or quite a few other schools for that matter. He's probably also more likely to take hits behind a Nebraska offensive line that simply is not at the level of Georgia and many others.

Why do you think the top ranked high school player needs luck? Do you think the same for every 5-star recruit? "Good luck to him, he will need it." Really?

I don't get it the criticism at all. Dylan Raiola is doing what the vast majority of every 5-star recruit has ever done -- play for the elite schools. Should they all be questioned for making this crazy choice -- or just Dylan -- since he was on our radar?
If Dylan is everything he supposed to be he would be fine playing at UGA, or Nebraska, or Wyoming.

UGA gives him a chance at great collegiate success. He’s going to have elite linemen, skill position players and NFL caliber defenses. But he is also going to be just another QB in a long line of UGA QBs. The chances of him delineating himself are less. UGA is going to continue to recruit elite QBs.

If he came to NU and had great success he would rival T Frazier at NU.

Much less pressure on him (real or perceived) at UGA than NU. Most folks there don't know who his dad is/was and he's just another highly rated QB in a line of them.

He can go in and just be himself and not worry about being a legacy or being viewed as a savior who bears the weight of building the program back to glory.
It will be a different type of pressure At GA as he is still going there as the number one overall recruit in the class. The people paying his NIL and such will expect results It's the SEC baby it just means more!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back