• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be interesting to see what they do at QB in this class. Looks like they are after a couple of studs for 25.

I would guess if they can get the right guy they will grab one for this class, but maybe they just hope to ride Sims for two years and get a 25 guy. If Logan does not return, we are going to be pretty thin at that spot if we don't get someone this cycle.

'Bout time. Thank God that is settled...I was over all the drama months ago. Now everyone including DONU can move on with young men who truly want to play for the "N". The stink of this one is still on SF.

My guess is he will be in the portal within two years.

On to the next...

Last edited:

Not surprised, nor do I think it is a bad decision. These guys have NFL goals in mind. Going to a place that has won the last couple National Titles, puts you in good position to try and achieve that dream. Wish him nothing but the best.

The fact we were even in the hunt should mean a little bit. We've got to be able to put some winning seasons together to make this more appealing though. Would have been a big gamble for Raiola to come to NU in our current state.

'Bout time. Thank God that is settled...I was over all the drama months ago. Now everyone including DONU can move on with young men who truly want to play for the "N". The stink of this one is still on SF.

My guess is he will be in the portal within two years.

On to the next...
Yeah with portal, teams are never out of it

I am probably the contrarian, but when you can't land a legacy recruit it just stinks. While I do not blame our current staff, I do blame those who let this program dive into losing season after losing season.

I still don't know how you compete with Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan on the field, when they are signing all 4 and 5 stars and we are excited with our 3 stars and walk-ons. Coach Osborne figured it out and ran an offense that was tough to prepare for and leveled the playing field. I know development is a huge hot button, but the reality is the big schools are doing that now - we are not unique in that aspect anymore.

Nevertheless, I will keep cheering and hoping, but I am afraid the climb out of the hole is going to be long and treacherous.

GBR

Was hopeful to see DR at NU but this decision is totally understandable and honestly... to be expected. I truly hope that DR has a great run and lives up to (or exceeds) all the hype bestowed upon him.

Given all this, in today's college football world of NIL and the Transfer Portal, we should never say never. Until a player like DR has moved on from the college ranks, there's always a possibility that he could make a move (or two) before it's all said and done.

That could actually be beneficial for all involved. If DR really wanted to play for NU, this will allow him to see if HCMR is able to get the Huskers back to winning ways and see if the Husker Offense and Culture truly would be a good fit for him. And it will also give him the opportunity to demonstrate on the field his 5 Star, #1 ranking.

Best wishes to DR!

Last edited:
The percent of QB's that transfer is insane, there's a always a decent chance he comes "home" in the next year or two. Good luck Dylan, unless you play us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back