• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CU Board of Regents calls Special Meeting for March 8th.

Assume ASU, AU, Colorado and Utah joined the B12. Is there any chance Oregon and/or Washington would become football independents?

You’d have WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford and those 2 as the 6 team nucleus for expanding into some kind of conference. There are a few uninspiring expansion candidates, but they could at least create some stability, even if they don’t garner the revenue they want. I just wonder if Oregon in particular could manage an independent media deal that is more appealing. It just gets harder and harder to schedule when so many teams are committed to large conference play.

Assume ASU, AU, Colorado and Utah joined the B12. Is there any chance Oregon and/or Washington would become football independents?

You’d have WSU, OSU, Cal, Stanford and those 2 as the 6 team nucleus for expanding into some kind of conference. There are a few uninspiring expansion candidates, but they could at least create some stability, even if they don’t garner the revenue they want. I just wonder if Oregon in particular could manage an independent media deal that is more appealing. It just gets harder and harder to schedule when so many teams are committed to large conference play.
Not sure, if the 4 corners leave will the rest of the PAC join the ACC? Will be crazy fun to watch.

I don't think anyone will want to be an independent considering the 12 team playoff format.

For the 12 team playoff the 4 byes will be given to the top 4 conference champions from the P5 conferences. This would mean an independent could go undefeated in the regular season, but would be seeded no higher then 5th and never get a bye. And this would include ND if they don't join a conference.

I don't think anyone will want to be an independent considering the 12 team playoff format.

For the 12 team playoff the 4 byes will be given to the top 4 conference champions from the P5 conferences. This would mean an independent could go undefeated in the regular season, but would be seeded no higher then 5th and never get a bye. And this would include ND if they don't join a conference.
On the flip side, for a school like ND, playing an easier indy schedule and knowing you're going to get overrated each year might just allow you to make the playoff more years than not. If ND goes to a conference they're in a conf. schedule now and if they don't win the conference they're less likely to get in at all.

I agree that the other schools aren't likely to get the same benefit of the doubt except maybe Oregon.

It's about this

Well that clears it up.

1678224507818.png

My best guess is that CO, Utah, AZ, and ASU to the big 12. That will be a major blast and a lot of new road trips.

I don’t think the Big 12 has any interest in Washington and Oregon; they think it’s beneath them to be in the Big 12. The Big 12 certainly doesn’t need any more of what it just lost.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back