• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Palmer. Mathis At NFL Combine: Update: Palmer Ran A 4.33 In The 40

I understand the criticism of Nelson but he really was good when he needed to be. His size is going to be a big plus. He did have a bit of a slow first step but nothing major.

I actually think he gets drafted.

I understand the criticism of Nelson but he really was good when he needed to be. His size is going to be a big plus. He did have a bit of a slow first step but nothing major.

I actually think he gets drafted.

Unless he kills it at his pro day, I doubt he gets drafted. But I do think he can make a roster on special teams, like Domann did.

I expect Tannor to blow up his senior day visit from nfl peeps. Dude can flat out run.... I think he will get some serious looks after that imo

Tannor really made a jump this year in his play. Everything finally slowed down for him. I don't know if his listed playing wt of 220 is accurate, but he needs to be bigger than that to play in the NFL.

I expect Tannor to blow up his senior day visit from nfl peeps. Dude can flat out run.... I think he will get some serious looks after that imo

Tannor was always a kid I admired for his raw athleticism, and was someone hurt by lack of coaching and development. His did click this year and I hope he gets opportunities at the next level. I am very hopeful that our new coaches are able to find and develop the kids like Tanner currently on our roster and develop them into beasts. I commend Tanner for sticking with it and making a splash this past season.

Tannor was always a kid I admired for his raw athleticism, and was someone hurt by lack of coaching and development. His did click this year and I hope he gets opportunities at the next level. I am very hopeful that our new coaches are able to find and develop the kids like Tanner currently on our roster and develop them into beasts. I commend Tanner for sticking with it and making a splash this past season.
Lots of unlearning, but they will respond,just how quick...

Tannor had a lot to learn when he got to Nebraska.

I think Nelson deserved an invite. He disappeared at times during games but some of the plays he made were outstanding. Forced fumble of Stroud Ohio St comes to mind.

Mathis looked lost or disinterested most of the season but he still made plays because he's a freak of a athlete. His TCU film shows alot, he should do well at the combine.

Last edited:
I would have loved to see Nelson Move to middle linebacker for one year in our new scheme. I think, that is where he would fit in the NFL, as he is a little slow on the edge for the big league. He obviously has a ton of heart, but heart doesn't show up at the combine. Mathis will likely hit all the drills and grade very well at the combine.

I would have loved to see Nelson Move to middle linebacker for one year in our new scheme. I think, that is where he would fit in the NFL, as he is a little slow on the edge for the big league. He obviously has a ton of heart, but heart doesn't show up at the combine. Mathis will likely hit all the drills and grade very well at the combine.

I love Nelson, but I don’t think he’s fast enough for MLB in any of the modern schemes. Size wise, he does fit that position in the NFL, but I think he’d struggle.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back