• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dylan will absolutely try not to change his mind again after announcing in March. So announcing Nebraska knowing he could bail out this Fall if things don't look good sn't likely to be something he would even think about. He won't want to be a flake and also he knows he will have peer recruited some guys by then.

Rhule is doing his best. It absolutely could be enough but also absolutely. might not be. Dylan might like NU and love his family and be excited to help turn the huskers around and come here..OR all those things could be true and he could easily go sonewhere else.

If he's true to himself he'll have to decide if the Huskers was only his Dad's movie or he wants it to be his movie too. Would be epic if it is, and if he wants to he could make it a helluva sequel, but he may just decide to go a different way.

Either thing could be right for him, and if he doesn't choose Nebraska, it likely won't really be because Rhule did something wrong. It would probably be much more just that he wants to do his own thing and so weighs the pros of his other choices more heavily.
Very well written. I don’t believe that in any way him choosing someone other than Nebraska is because of Rhule. Let’s be truthful, he turned Nebraska down because of our 8 year history. He is reconsidering us BECAUSE of Rhule. But that might not be enough to erase that history.

I too agree that he shouldn’t have a plan B in place of decommiting in November if things don’t look good.

Baker Mayfield. #1 overall pick.
Kyler Muray. #1 overall pick.
Jalen Hurts. 2nd round pick (now MVP candidate).
Caleb Williams will be the #1 overall pick in 2024.
Hell, even the guy he coached at Eastern Carolina was a stud in the AFL for a few years.

It's just not accurate to say he isn't a great developer. No other coach in all of CFB can point to that type of track record. Luck might play into 1-2 of those guys but that many all being successful under him, regardless of where they were ranked in HS, proves his system works.
I’m amazed this is even an argument. I don’t care if it development, recruiting or molding into his system. The dude is successful with coaches.

It’s surprising that some of the same posters downplaying Riley’s roll in quarterbacks success were trying to convince us Whipple had a great track record of development.

This is why Caitlin Clark chose Iowa over U Conn, Notre Dame, etc.. She's a difference maker and stated she wanted to be the player that would take Iowa to the next level.
Some people think that way. Some follow and either successful make it work or not. I also remember Keyshawn Johnson and Tristion Gebbia all over twitter and the football boards saying the same thing.

Bottom line is it’s a wait and see.

Very well written. I don’t believe that in any way him choosing someone other than Nebraska is because of Rhule. Let’s be truthful, he turned Nebraska down because of our 8 year history. He is reconsidering us BECAUSE of Rhule. But that might not be enough to erase that history.

I too agree that he shouldn’t have a plan B in place of decommiting in November if things don’t look good.
Do you typically tell people not to have a back up plan?

Do you typically tell people not to have a back up plan?
When it comes to making a commitment on going to a school yes. Once you commit you should stay committed. If major circumstances change then you change your plans. If you need a backup plan “in case” then don’t make a commitment until you don’t need a backup plan. He already went that route once. This time do it right.

Baker Mayfield. #1 overall pick.
Kyler Muray. #1 overall pick.
Jalen Hurts. 2nd round pick (now MVP candidate).
Caleb Williams will be the #1 overall pick in 2024.
Hell, even the guy he coached at Eastern Carolina was a stud in the AFL for a few years.

It's just not accurate to say he isn't a great developer. No other coach in all of CFB can point to that type of track record. Luck might play into 1-2 of those guys but that many all being successful under him, regardless of where they were ranked in HS, proves his system works.
The only OU starting QB I can think of in the Riley era who didn’t meet or exceed expectations is (and this could be argued) Spencer Rattler. I’d say that’s pretty solid QB development.

Raiola should still go to NU though.

I think Frost not making him a priority and not showing up for a barbeque was also a factor. For those of you who didn't think that happened, the OSU staff flew down the next day and closed the deal. Having said that, our recent losing didn't help. Dominic's recent interview shows how much he loves Nebraska and said Nebraska is a big deal in his house, which I took to mean Dylan felt that way too. I agree, if he doesn't go to Nebraska, it won't be from a lack of effort. I personally don't like Lincoln Riley, but I can see the attraction from 17-22 year olds with the quarterbacks he has coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back