• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU guys in portal, decommitting, draft

College football has completely changed. Players are now acquired and fired through the portal and every player is in business for himself for NIL money.
NIL ruined CFB. Amateur players ..... HISTORY.

Used to be MLB/NBA/NFL players stayed for the original teams ..... thick or thin. But not anymore.

Now MLB/NBA/NFL/CFB

NIL ruined CFB. Amateur players ..... HISTORY.

Used to be MLB/NBA/NFL players stayed for the original teams ..... thick or thin. But not anymore.

Now MLB/NBA/NFL/CFB
I agree. I liked how it was. Win or lose they were my team.

I'm telling myself to get used to it and then in a couple years after everything shakes out it see if it isn't as bad as I am thinking it is now. But that may be just because I have no other place to go.

Excellent point. Here is the thing. I have no problem with roster management. Rhule will be doing something in May that many of our posters have criticized the likes of Nick Sabin for doing for years. Cutting players. If it needs to be done then do it.
Gotta own it

IIRC, WR mentioned the breaking point being in his final game against Iowa when he was steam-rolled by a blitzing LB.

Rhule seems to be managing the new world of CFB free agency rather well IMO.
That was so transparently a weird decision to hand off to him in a goal line situation. At the time I thought Frost was trying to appease a guy who ‘needed more touches’ and get him the TD. I still think that colored the decision making. With as shaky as the offensive line was, I’d much prefer a Refrigerator Perry approach. Surely they could have found a big body to pound through for a yard.

This is the first I have heard that Wandale wasn’t happy about that usage either.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back