• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU guys in portal, decommitting, draft

That was so transparently a weird decision to hand off to him in a goal line situation. At the time I thought Frost was trying to appease a guy who ‘needed more touches’ and get him the TD. I still think that colored the decision making. With as shaky as the offensive line was, I’d much prefer a Refrigerator Perry approach. Surely they could have found a big body to pound through for a yard.

This is the first I have heard that Wandale wasn’t happy about that usage either.
It was weird seeing him run up the gut in goal line situations, much like having McCaffery throw a pass from the goal line. I always figured it was Frost being 'smart'.

WR had the usual complimentary remarks when he transferred, and he talked about being closer to home for his final season. I recall there was a lot of speculation he didn't appreciate the way he was being used in the offense. The LB blitz sounds like it may have been the final straw. Happy for him that he torched Iowa in the bowl game the next season.

“We were playing Iowa last year. I was playing running back, and they brought a little cross-dog blitz,” Robinson said. “And one of the [linebackers] came, and I had cut him. And he didn’t fall all the way. He just fell on me, and I was like, ‘oh yeah, if I’m cutting him and he’s just doing this, this ain’t for me.’ So, at that point, it was time to make a change.”

Last edited:

Pick the dozen or so you don't want and give them zero reps during the spring.
Pretty sure there will be some of that or a variation. The better way is give most of the reps to the best and let the rest of it fall in place.

Spring is where the wheat will separate from the chaff. After spring ball there will be many conversations about where kids stand on the depth chart. It should all take care of itself.
I like the idea of a three deep using A and B for positions that need more than three. Limit that to the 85 you want to keep. That should be the message.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back