• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New DC - Tony White

Don't know much about him. Radio was giving some stats and sounds like his defense was pretty good last year.

Hope he likes the assistants that he's getting.

:Biggrin:

Ha - before he got into coaching Rocky Long (Tony white's mentor) was my PE teacher sophomore year in Albuquerque, NM - Eldorado H.S. (1975) I had just moved there and he had been the star QB for UNM I believe. I just remember him as a great guy and teacher. I think he coached freshman FB and basketball for Eldorado. He has had a pretty good coaching career. Didn't realize his defenses were so accomplished. To do that at UNM where you can't get top shelf athletes is amazing.

So Mr. White had a great mentor - nice to see that we are hiring someone who has a bit of a history of improvement year to year.

I'm not sold on him & his 3-3-5 defense.
I'm guessing it will look very 4-2-5 or even more 4-3 on the field. Only the 4th on the line will be a LB coming off the edge.

You don't spend years learning defense from Long, consistency dramatically improve the defense everywhere you've been, and run a crappy defense anyone can figure out.

No surprise, but he's considered a stud recruiter as well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back