• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

S and C and nutrition staff - GONE!

Canning Ellis is a surprise. Hope it's the right decision. I'm sure he doesn't have a monopoly on all the sports nutrition info, but NU is still considered a pioneer in that area. But I will wait and see.

Question: Does/did Ellis oversee all athletic nutrition, or just FB? And if more than football, is he being cut from everything or just FB?

I don't know whether he handled more than football, but his athletic department web page has been 404d, so he seems to have been cut from everything he was doing there.

Last edited:

I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting anyone with Nebraska ties is incompetent?

Surely, you realize for example that SF didn’t fail here because he was from Nebraska, right? This is rather a bizarre self loathing phenomena to believe anyone with ties to this state is doomed to fail
No sir. Only indicating that Rhule will set up his own staff from top to bottom without preference to prior Nebraska ties.

No sir. Only indicating that Rhule will set up his own staff from top to bottom without preference to prior Nebraska ties.
Why would an outsider have preferences for Nebraska people over his own people? I don’t think that was ever going to be a danger we needed to worry about.

One might question the need to replace the nutritionist though.

Sometimes it’s hard to get a line on who is a thoughtful, well intentioned poster. Sometimes it’s easy. No need to respond, I assume the ignore function works just fine.
I think the idea is you put him on ignore. Shouldn’t expect a poster to ignore your public posts.

Does each sport have their own dedicated S&C coach?

Can't imagine Duval working with Volleyball and Basketball...etc.

I would imagine they do......right?

I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting anyone with Nebraska ties is incompetent?

Surely, you realize for example that SF didn’t fail here because he was from Nebraska, right? This is rather a bizarre self loathing phenomena to believe anyone with ties to this state is doomed to failure.
Actually it could be argued that it was because he was from Nebraska and his Nebraska ties exasperated the problem. But stating that will get the “we don’t want our feelings hurt” posters out.

Since our last roughly 20 year history is showing predominantly failures with Nebraska connected hires it’s fair to make the argument it’s similar to the nepotism argument. Decisions from management above can become distorted with emotion. Anybody with any rational understanding could see this with SF and it appears to be playing out again with MJ.

As for SF failures. His failure to separate his work responsibilities from his Nebraska party friends is well known. I realize this was an isolated case but nonetheless he would have likely been gone much sooner…..likely 3 years because the evidence of his problems were already arising. The Nebraska ties had a significant negative effect on our program the last two years.

I have no idea how good or bad any of these S&C staffs have been over the years.

I do know Duval will find another job. I do know we’ll lionize the new S&C staff. And I know if Rhule doesn’t win we’ll bash the S&C guys on the way out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back