• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rose Bowl Given Wednesday Deadline for CFP

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
Apparently, the last remaining hurdle preventing expansion of the CFP to 12 teams in 2024 is the Rose Bowl's insistence that it wants the game to remain in its traditional 2 pm PT time slot in the next CFP TV contract. It's "possible" the Rose Bowl could be left out of the expanded CFP.

Last edited:

Apparently, the last remaining hurdle preventing expansion of the CFP to 12 teams in 2024 is the Rose Bowl's insistence that it wants the game to remain in its traditional 2 pm PT time slot in the next CFP TV contract. It's "possible" the Rose Bowl could be left out of the expanded CFP.

Please kick them out. I'm sick of their arrogance.

The tournament of bloody noses

With the CFB the Rose Bowl ( or any bowl) just doesn't mean as much. No big deal to me anymore, this year it most likely hosts the runners- up in the B1G and the PAC12 with no impact on the National Championship. Who cares other than those schools.

With the CFB the Rose Bowl ( or any bowl) just doesn't mean as much. No big deal to me anymore, this year it most likely hosts the runners- up in the B1G and the PAC12 with no impact on the National Championship. Who cares other than those schools.

YARN | I care. | Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) | Video clips by  quotes | 49b350b6 | 紗

C

For the old Big Ten and Pac-X the Rose Bowl was the goal, even above national championships. For Nebraska, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, it doesn't mean anything. And with USC and UCLA coming, the "Grandaddy of Them All" should be thankful they even are getting asked to be a part of the playoffs. Bowls are nice, but this is just silly on their part. Grasping at straws.

I'm still not a fan of the 12 team playoff as I have seen it presented. Numbers 5-12 will never win it all, especially playing an extra game while 1-4 get a valuable bye to prepare. If 5-12 are never going to make it, what's the point?
One of them will certainly win it in the first 3 years. I doubt #12 will, but #5 certainly could.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back