• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule already reached out to Thompson and Nelson

Good stuff!

Attachments

• 20221129_041439.jpg
    20221129_041439.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 20221129_041441.jpg
    20221129_041441.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 20221129_041443.jpg
    20221129_041443.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 299
We need to get away from the QB dependent system
Not likely ... name a winning college football that doesn't have a good to great signal caller. tOSU and Alabama are what they are because they get 5-stars. Same with USC. TCU has Max Duggan and Michigan has JJ McCarthy ... not Heisman-esque but very seasoned good to great QBs.

Iowa and Wisconsin sunk to the levels they are at because their QBs are pedestrian. Minnesota, Illinois and Purdue have good game manager QBs.

Last edited:

Or is at least functional with the backups.

The QB situation is a mess. Frost and Verdu really hosed that up on multiple levels.
Whipple is a big issue during the current year ... he advocated Purdy as the primary backup ... and lost us a game because of that. He promotes a walk-on QB over two scholarship athletes? Why? Because that player fit Whipple's system better than the other two players? Whipple was a disaster!

Yep, right there behind the walk-on freshman
My goodness. Need to see Haarberg and Torres both get a shot. Please send Whipple packing. I want true competition at QB not playing your boy because he's your boy. Hope CT stays but if they do not upgrade the offensive line or give a scheme that does not get the QB from getting murderized can't blame him for leaving.

Whipple is a big issue during the current year ... he advocated Purdy as the primary backup ... and lost us a game because of that. He promotes a walk-on QB over two scholarship athletes? Why? Because that player fit Whipple's system better than the other two players? Whipple was a disaster!
Reminds me a lot of our Bob Diaco hire.

Reminds me a lot of our Bob Diaco hire.
It is easy to reflect on the decisions now but ... bringing in Whipple, when Frost did, the way he did it ... allowing Whipple to have unfettered decision making on style of offense, play calling and QB determination was the worst decision in the history of Frost decisions.

Its easy to say this now but MJ needed to fire Whipple at the same time he fired Chinander. There may not have been a logical successor to step into that role but Whipple did NOT win us any games we were not going to win and he lost us - Purdue, Wisconsin and probably Minnesota - with his stubbornness to modify his play calling and QB depth chart.

Win those 3 game we are 7-5 ... 5-2 under MJ ... not counting Oklahoma and we are maybe talking to him as our head coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back