• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

matt rhule was 0-11 versus ranked teams at baylor

So does it count if a team he beat ended ranked? If he beat a team the 3rd game that was ranked but then went 6-6 to finish unranked, is that more impressive than beating an unranked team that then goes on to be ranked at the end of the season.

He beat Texas 24-10 that ended the season ranked.

But-thats-none-of-my-business GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

C

Funny thread, Cant beat ranked teams and also has a losing record as a head coach. I guess that’s why everyone’s on his band wagon. He has potential. with a 8 year contract he can lose and still get paid like his last stop.
Yea it is funny. Imagine fans dissing on a guy who had to rebuild a program going 11-3 with all 3 losses to top 10 teams. The silliness of our fans.

No that is not true. Not everyone is available for the right money. Especially in a reasonable sense. Giving someone 25 million a year just to prove your point isn’t reasonable.
Depends upon the definition of reasonable and how tired of losing we are. If you were the AD and I told you you could pay someone like Urban Meyer 20 million for three years, you could be in the National competition again, ($60 million) and then hand the keys off to Mickey, or pay Matt Rhule (a question mark in terms of if he can turn this program around) $72 million over 8 years, is that unreasonable? It’s not to me, but then again, I’m tired of being an irrelevant football program. Let’s have this conversation again in four years, I doubt you’ll disagree.

Last edited:
Yea it is funny. Imagine fans dissing on a guy who had to rebuild a program going 11-3 with all 3 losses to top 10 teams. The silliness of our fans.
I agree how silly for us to believe that he’s a program builder when he leaves after a couple seasons Every stop. Heck he’s on his 4th job in ten years. But if he quit today the record book would show him to be an average coach that did not stay to long anywhere. Just a thought,

I agree how silly for us to believe that he’s a program builder when he leaves after a couple seasons Every stop. Heck he’s on his 4th job in ten years. But if he quit today the record book would show him to be an average coach that did not stay to long anywhere. Just a thought,
But he hasn’t quit.

Depends upon the definition of reasonable and how tired of losing we are. If you were the AD and I told you you could pay someone like Urban Meyer 20 million for three years, you could be in the National competition again, ($60 million) and then hand the keys off to Mickey, or pay Matt Rhule (a question mark in terms of if he can turn this program around) $72 million over 8 years, is that unreasonable? It’s not to me, but then again, I’m tired of being an irrelevant football program. Let’s have this conversation again in four years, I doubt you’ll disagree.
And I doubt you will still have the same argument.

you could poke a hole in every hire. Urb - could take us into scandal and hurt our rep. Fickel - never coached a power 5 conference and Kelly had Cincinnati built himself. Fickel didnt have to build it. Kiffin - well we could stomp all over his past.
Every coach has something, if rhules is he never beat a top 25 team, well he never hardly played any at temple. And at baylor, he almost did several times. Top 5 even. Is that reason to worry? yes, if you are only going to be happy with a perfect resume

you could poke a hole in every hire. Urb - could take us into scandal and hurt our rep. Fickel - never coached a power 5 conference and Kelly had Cincinnati built himself. Fickel didnt have to build it. Kiffin - well we could stomp all over his past.
Every coach has something, if rhules is he never beat a top 25 team, well he never hardly played any at temple. And at baylor, he almost did several times. Top 5 even. Is that reason to worry? yes, if you are only going to be happy with a perfect resume
This is fairly explained and rational. It’s unfortunate that the biggest critics citing these types of red flags don’t look at the supporting information. Basically “why”. Would it sound better if the argument was he never beat a top 10 team at Baylor? Would it sound better saying his last year he won against every team not ranked in the top 10? Would it sound better if you said that year he beat Every team he was supposed to and even two he wasn’t favored to win? Yes all that sounds better and is just as truthful but they won’t even try to rationalize those thoughts. They are locked into not beating a top 25 team.

Last edited:
And who says Urban was a possibility or even Fickell for that matter. I think we have the right dude. We might even get in a bowl game again.

This Fickell thing is messing with my head. Literally the only coach to go up 21 on us and still lose and we are begging him to come? Do we know what offense he runs? Or is he about to get taken to school in the Big 10 as a head coach?

Why am I jumping into this love fest?

Well anyway I just read an article on Rhule
and I also stayed at a holiday inn express last night. It turns out according to the article Rhule’s Temple team beat number 19 Navy so 0-11 is just wrong.

Last edited:
Why am I jumping into this love fest?

Well anyway I just read an article on Rhule
and I also stayed at a holiday inn express last night. It turns out according to the article Rhule’s Temple team beat number 19 Navy so 0-11 is just wrong.
read the thread title again

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back