• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It’s Official: Welcome Matt Rhule

So are Nebraska fans in for a rough couple more years or does he make big strides in year one? It seems like NU has more "talent" to start with but maybe not. I think we'll see how the players react and if there is a mass exodus. I'm fine with that actually but I think he can sell his philosophy.
I think Baylor had good players but bad culture. This is where I think MJ helped immensly and Rhule will benefit. I think we are .500 next year.

Wasn't as big a fan of him as I was of others, I'll get over it. Trev needs to give him a sizable assistant coaching salary pool for this to work. I would start with bringing Elijah Robinson over from A&M.

Wasn't as big a fan of him as I was of others, I'll get over it. Trev needs to give him a sizable assistant coaching salary pool for this to work. I would start with bringing Elijah Robinson over from A&M.

I read somewhere (maybe someone can find it), that Trev said he is ready and willing to pony up the biggest assistant money pool in college football.

Dagnabit, can't remember where I saw that.

With an 8 year contract, I suspect the buyout will be very high, especially in the early years. He will probably leave at some point, but it won't be too soon.
I was told Trev’s goal was 8-yr $8M so he went into the search knowing the buyout would be big but you can’t tell a coach rebuild NU and here is your 3-year contract.

I caught those comments by Rhule about SF and figured it would ruffle feathers.

I also thought about how people complained about SF saying negative things about what his predecessor left him.

So, if trashing the old coach was bad, maybe it’s ok to say nice things? It also has the added benefit of not saying negative things about the team you are about to take over.
I get what you're saying. Maybe best to say nothing at all about Frost. Not that Frost's name should not be spoken but probably too soon for Husker fans. I wonder if he's even heard about Frost's issues. All in all, though, a forgivable faux pas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back