• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule reportedly turned us down. Update: Well Maybe Not

Almost rather have MJ. Pro coaches know one thing: THROW THE BALL. We had a coach that tried that and we all know how THAT worked out.
Rhule had some good offenses at Temple and Baylor. He's much better geared to college. He also tends to have pretty good line play and he has a history of bringing striggling programs back to life.

I would probably be more excited for Fickell or Klieman . . . but I think Ruhle would be a really strong hire for what NU needs. If it's him, I have significant hope.

Rhule is a good college coach, but I’d prefer Mickey and the unknown. I bet Rhule won’t be at Nebraska longer than 3-4 years.
IMHO, Ruhle wanted to try the NFL and it ate him up. Not the first college coach to have that happen. I think he'll be pretty content to stick with college ball . . . and, if he can get NU back on the map, he could have a long and lucrative career.

Rhule is a good college coach, but I’d prefer Mickey and the unknown. I bet Rhule won’t be at Nebraska longer than 3-4 years.
no way! Having Rhule keep Mickey would allow Mickey to thrive. I can see both really working well off each other. I can also see Mickey learning alot from Rhule so that he could get an actual shot at a program in 3-5 years. Mickey can already motivate players, but time will tell if he can do more.

yeah, might have to wait until after the Michigan/OSU game as to not be a distraction. As rumors ebb and flow this year, it seems my circle of friends rumor stories were Rhule and now shifting to Urban Meyer.
Man, you are making my day . That does make sense

This could work out well. Rhule can rebuild and revive for 4-5 years and by then Mickey should be fully ready to take the reins if Rhule wants to move on. If he decides to stay long term, even better.

Image.png

overconfidence.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back