• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Corcoran

First penalty (2Q- 2:44)- Thompson gets gang tackled. Corcoran comes over and shoves guy off the pile. Could have easily been called on Palmer too, because he was in there too. Ended up negating a 15 yard facemask penalty.
Second penalty (2Q- 2:33) Corcoran blocks the defender, causing him to fall to the ground. Then, while the defender is on the ground he slaps him in the helmet and jumps on top of him for good measure. Negates a nice run and sets up 2nd and 18.
I watched it. It’s almost like you are looking for reasons to criticize. It wasn’t even close to as flagrant as you describe it.

But it is ok to disagree.

Fans love to win. They loved Suh. They loved the 1990 physicality. Yet when they finally see some sign of life they criticize.

I find it really unbelievable.

I really think you need to review the play. Had our opponents done what he did our fans would be livid. The first one he literally did a left hand swipe across the face mask of an opposing player after the play was over throwing the guy back about 5 foot. The second one not only did he slap him across the face from a standing position but then he dog piled on top of him with his full body for no reason as the play was already 10 yards down the field. Those are the facts and they are the right call.
I suggest you go from pickle ball to twiddly winks.

You finally see some sign of physicality and you want to criticize.

Go for it.

Yes both were cheap shots on a defenseless player. Aggressive yes. Does it really bother me? Not really but if you get caught you pay the price. Let’s not be the fan base that whines about being caught.
I dont think they were flagrant or cheap shots.

I’m certainly not whining. Now you are making things up, as usual.

I’m glad we finally got physical. Let’s see more of that. There are going to be penalties. Let’s dominate. Let’s wear down the opponent. Let’s take away their will.

And let’s not be critical of that physical play. We need more of that.

I dont think they were flagrant or cheap shots.

I’m certainly not whining. Now you are making things up, as usual.

I’m glad we finally got physical. Let’s see more of that. There are going to be penalties. Let’s dominate. Let’s wear down the opponent. Let’s take away their will.

And let’s not be critical of that physical play. We need more of that.
Have you watched it again? If you haven’t don’t tell me I’m making it up. On the first call he was three yards away from the pileup when the whistle blew and he ran into the pileup and backhanded the opponent. Ref was right there and called it. Not making up anything. It’s a fact. He got called for it. That’s a fact too.

First penalty (2Q- 2:44)- Thompson gets gang tackled. Corcoran comes over and shoves guy off the pile. Could have easily been called on Palmer too, because he was in there too. Ended up negating a 15 yard facemask penalty.
Second penalty (2Q- 2:33) Corcoran blocks the defender, causing him to fall to the ground. Then, while the defender is on the ground he slaps him in the helmet and jumps on top of him for good measure. Negates a nice run and sets up 2nd and 18.
This is exactly what happened. Both were unnecessary and after the play. You are gonna get called for these every time.

I watched it. It’s almost like you are looking for reasons to criticize. It wasn’t even close to as flagrant as you describe it.

Fans love to win. They loved Suh. They loved the 1990 physicality. Yet when they finally see some sign of life they criticize.

Not looking for reasons to criticize. This thread is a criticism of the situation and I’m just saying the refs got it right. You are the one looking for a reason to criticize. I guess when the facts don’t work in your argument you just rip on the guys that state them.

Did you ever see a basketball coach get tee’d up to get the team fired up. I think I’ve seen coach k do it several times.
That is the coach's job... to understand the pulse of his team and to show them he has their back. Player's are not on that same level as they are still earning their stripes. Almost all coaches are former players, so someday they'll get their chance to have that right.

Not looking for reasons to criticize. This thread is a criticism of the situation and I’m just saying the refs got it right. You are the one looking for a reason to criticize. I guess when the facts don’t work in your argument you just rip on the guys that state them.
I’m not criticizing the refs. I’m supporting the physicality.

He didn't pull out a sabre and decapitate the guy. I'm not saying it was this terrible injustice he should be kicked off the team for. That said, you can't watch that and reasonably say you don't see how it got called a penalty. There is a fine line between playing with aggression and playing out of control. Suh played that line well at Nebraska. When he got to the NFL he lost control of where that line was a number of times.

We've watched Nebraska the last six years struggle to overcome self inflicted wounds. We aren't good enough to pick up 15 yard penalties on consecutive plays and find ways to overcome that. When you decide to take a cheap shot on someone (even if it isn't "a bad one") you are placing your own emotions over the team. He made a mistake and I'm sure will learn from it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back