• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Parsing the Huskers Coaching Possibilities

You’re right…. WE SHOULD HIRE DABO! :Banana:
I’m not suggesting Nebraska hire Mickey Joseph. What I’m saying is, sometimes you don’t know what someone can do, until it’s done. Sometimes, great minds never get a chance. Mickey is getting one now. It’s up to him to change the narrative to give himself a shot. 1-8, or 2-7, or 3-6, isn’t gonna move the needle.

And I could understand Trev not hiring him even if he pulled off that miracle
Hard to argue, but there would be backlash if those scenarios played out. Trev may already have someone he feels good about. No clue.

Mickey’s only chance is to win, and win some more. That’s it. He has to make it impossible not to hire him. That’ll take 6-2 or 7-1 down the stretch. No other avenue.

That was hypothetical staff. In no way is MJ gonna be able to assemble that staff and present it as part of his interview. Not to mention those guys coming here as coordinators to a head coach with no experience.
Sure it was hypothetical … but it wasn’t absurdly so … I suspect if MJ told Vance listen I need you for a year or two to help me get a HCing position … would you do it? He might just get a yes.

Herman is currently an analyst for the Chicago Bears … he might jump at a chance to get back into CFB … who knows?

Listen, to me, the only way MJ ever gets considered for the HC job is (a) he has some success as interim and (b) he puts together a remarkably outstanding staff.

Every candidate we are considering is going to have some flaws, some greater than others, some with a lack of HC experience, some with limited to no P5 experience, some without B1G experience, some with character issues. MJ in and of itself is lacking several of the desired characteristics … but he does meet the character requirement, he meets the “grinder” characteristic.

I am not advocating an MJ as first choice but we could do worse.

Listen, to me, the only way MJ ever gets considered for the HC job is (a) he has some success as interim and (b) he puts together a remarkably outstanding staff.
If he has success closing out this season then shouldn’t he retain the present staff under the same criteria?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back