• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Coach Bowl.

I hope so but I am already seeing people draw lines in the sand for different potential coaches. Hope they are the minority but NU fan history tells me something different.

C
I'll support 100% whomever TA hires as our next HC. Having said that IF there isn't a lot of progress after 2 years then year 3 needs to be the new guys last. Don't want to hear a bunch of ridiculous excuses when I see many new coaches get things greatly improved at least into their 3rd year. Frost should have required the services of North American Van Lines after his 3rd season imo.

I haven't watched the game yet (I was tied up yesterday) but based on the questions he was getting, it appears that there were some questionable things that happened in the first half. To his credit, he didn't take the bait and discussed the POSITIVES he saw from his team. Very different from the last few coaches we've had at Nebraska.

The guy is a damn good football coach. ISU is lucky to have him, and ISU would be lucky to have him for many, many years going forward.

Not to disparage Aranda's coaching acumen in any way, but the whole "letting players be themselves" thing made me wonder if he might be the walking mic stand reincarnate. I think it was post game on the field interview where he said the same thing and seemed to get pretty emotional about it.
Not a strike against him at all, just a nit on my part.

I'll support 100% whomever TA hires as our next HC. Having said that IF there isn't a lot of progress after 2 years then year 3 needs to be the new guys last. Don't want to hear a bunch of ridiculous excuses when I see many new coaches get things greatly improved at least into their 3rd year. Frost should have required the services of North American Van Lines after his 3rd season imo.
. I think saying support is a pretty wide and vague reference. Some mean support as as unquestioned allegiance. I can support his as part of our Nebraska program and yet reserve the right to question his actions and even whether he is the right person for the job.

Bottom line is I’m 100% over unchecked blind support. I’m going to need to see it.

. I think saying support is a pretty wide and vague reference. Some mean support as as unquestioned allegiance. I can support his as part of our Nebraska program and yet reserve the right to question his actions and even whether he is the right person for the job.

Bottom line is I’m 100% over unchecked blind support. I’m going to need to see it.
The question is, how long do you wait before pulling the trigger. Seems to me after three years you have a pretty good indication which direction a coach is going. Three years of Frost was plenty.

The question is, how long do you wait before pulling the trigger. Seems to me after three years you have a pretty good indication which direction a coach is going. Three years of Frost was plenty.
Three years of Riley was certainly plenty, and dude at least won half his games

I agree. Frost situation was a different cat. As much as I was anti frost I still believed he had the capabilities. I just knew it was an effort/commitment/hobby issue. The last couple of years it got to where we could all see he wouldn’t turn it around here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back