• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Aranda driven by culture

solesrfr

Pura Vida!
10 Year Member

Aranda, who enters his third season in Waco, majored in Philosophy at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks. He said one of his influences was Frosty Westering, a Hall of Fame coach who often would preach of making every moment count and celebrating a person's accomplishments rather than a player's achievements.

He also studied religion and sports psychology to better understand a player's personal struggles. In return, it led to a style of coaching most of college football has yet to see work at the highest level.

C

If this has any chance of happening, expect a statement from Aranda that he has no interest and is solely focused on Baylor's continued success... then we'll know for sure.

Then Baylor's AD will have a contract renegotiation and will up his yearly and his buy-out to ridiculous levels.... but it's just money and the Big media revenue is enabling crazy moves by a desperate program. GBR

So Aranda has actually only had 2 full seasons as a head coach and is working on his 3rd. He had a great 2021 and was 2-7 in 2020. Baylor has already lost to BYU so they are 2-1 so far this season. Is 2 seasons as a HC enough to roll the dice and offer him a multi year contract paying him multi millions? Sure would hate for Nebraska to make a mistake once again for a HC that really doesn't have much history as a head coach? There are no guarantees when hiring someone and there is a long list of can't miss head coach hires that missed very badly. I certainly wouldn't offer him a long term contract with millions involved unless it was heavily performance based.

Last edited:

So Aranda has actually only had 2 full seasons as a head coach and is working on his 3rd. He had a great 2021 and was 2-7 in 2020. Baylor has already lost to BYU so they are 2-1 so far this season. Is 2 seasons as a HC enough to roll the dice and offer him a multi year contract paying him multi millions? Sure would hate for Nebraska to make a mistake once again for a HC that really doesn't have much history as a head coach? There are no guarantees when hiring someone and there is a long list of can't miss head coach hires that missed very badly. I certainly wouldn't offer him a long term contract with millions involved unless it was heavily performance based.
I get what you're saying, but Baylors history of turning things around from good coaching is impressive

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back