• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Matt Davison?

Ah yes, here we go.. I was wondering when the stones would start flying for Matt. Some of you have serious hate issues.

Last edited:

I was hoping he was too.
Is someone blaming you?
That's unfortunate.
The horror has been on the field.
Mocking is not a good look.
It seems you may be taking the personal failures of Nebraska football a little too seriously.
Better days ahead.
Just laughing at you lamenting that Matt Davison told you over the radio that Scott was going to save the day. HOW DARE HE DO THAT TO YOU!
LOL

No offense to anyone who has started a thread on Scott Frost, but everytime I see one and the bad things that he is doing and that someone saw this or saw that. All I can picture are the headlines about the royal family. Oh no, did you see Harry do this, what about Megan, or a lip reader knows what was said between the Harry and his brother. I didn't read any of those articles either, people just need to move on.

Sorry for the derail or vent. The football board has lost its fun. Can't believe Hot Topics is more enjoyable than the football board.

So did anyone find Matt?

No offense to anyone who has started a thread on Scott Frost, but everytime I see one and the bad things that he is doing and that someone saw this or saw that. All I can picture are the headlines about the royal family. Oh no, did you see Harry do this, what about Megan, or a lip reader knows what was said between the Harry and his brother. I didn't read any of those articles either, people just need to move on.

Sorry for the derail or vent. The football board has lost its fun. Can't believe Hot Topics is more enjoyable than the football board.

So did anyone find Matt?
Mickeys and TAs first words were, no ones bigger than the program.
That cuts both ways, hurt this it hurts the program, is that hurting the program? Its got to go.
In between this lies hope, strength, righting the ship and influences that if not satisfied, hurt the program.
Imagine a firing with no explanations other than record, then think of Frank and Bo.
The in betweens are vital,a shame some dont recognize them even when the right things are being done.
SF is neither Frank nor Bo anymore than TO is MD

So did anyone find Matt?
I'm waiting for the thread where we discuss all the things he googled. :)

Now line up for your flogging mister.

Flogging GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

C
I call next.

Being bad at your job doesn't make you a witch Uncle Buck.
It just means you are bad at your job.
You gotta problem discerning the two.
Did Matt Davison do his job?
Serious question.
Did he not do his job? Or is this guilty until one proves beyond a shadow of doubt one’s not guilty? Last I knew he was a good liaison to boosters to help bring in money for the program. But, since he was a friend of Frost …

You can mock all you want, but having too many long-time unqualified insiders (including former players) involved in the program can arguably be blamed for its insularity and secretive nature. These guys have been around the program long enough to know how it works. It has become a good ol’ boys network that covers up for its own, which has led to the squandering of Nebraska football’s good name. While Coach Joseph and TA are former players, so far they have been a welcome breath of fresh air as far as transparency. We need more light shining on the program and need to get rid of more of the internal rot to get this thing rolling again. IMHO…
Amen to all of this. When an athletic department becomes filled with legacy lifers, they lose their ability to strive for the best and success. They all know they can’t and won’t get another job anywhere else, so they just try to perpetuate the status quo, wins become irrelevant.

Insularity and secrecy need to be banished from this whole athletic program. I am frankly amazed John Cook has been able to keep his success going in this environment. I am guessing football is sort of walled off from the rest of the department.

I hope Trev can do it but he is from around the same era and has been embedded in Nebraska for a long time himself, though he is an Iowan.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back