• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frankie in the Hall?

I'm a big Frankie fan. Thought Pedersen treated him and his staff unfairly. I think the staff he put together had great potential.

What he did at Ohio was pretty damn impressive. But it wasn't great. It wasn't great, like what has happened at Cincinnati. Or Creighton basketball. Great enough to get an invite to a better conference.

A national Hall of Fame requires greatness. I don't think Frankie makes it on a national level.

Last edited:

I'm a big Frankie fan. Thought Pedersen treated him and his staff unfairly. I think the staff he put together had great potential.

What he did at Ohio was pretty damn impressive. But it wasn't great. It wasn't great, like what has happened at Cincinnati. Or Creighton basketball. Great enough to get an invite to a better conference.

A national Hall of Fame requires greatness. I don't think Frankie makes it on a national level.
Agreed. He was a good coach, not even close to great.

Tough call. I think he comes up short as only a Head Coach, but as a player, Assistant coach (19 years, including 3 national titles), then as a successful HC (including a massive turnaround job at a terrible program), he's probably worthy.

While he may have been only very good as a HC, he was also one of the best assistant coaches on the planet during that time under Osborne.

2001 National Championship Game. Two years later, Frankie was fired despite 10W and 3L. Career, 58 wins, 19 losses.

Minus 2002 hiccup (7W-7L), TO and FS was pretty much equal W/L percentages.

Year after year, Ohio Bobcats was dead last standings until ......

No doubt, should be in the Hall

Last edited:

Rumor has it that a certain hairdresser/barber Would Definitely not agree!

The HOF is reserved for greatness. Frank Solich, like it or not, was not a great coach. He was a good coach. He is also responsible for the machine that was Nebraska football slipping, fairly quickly. I do think his 1999 team was the best in the country, but, they didn’t get the chance to show it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back