• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers /Hawkeyes DH on Sunday, 12:00 pm start - Hawks Field.

I just hope Omaha can put on a good tournament if we don’t make it. It’s looking pretty grim right now.

I recall when we didn't make it in 2018, the stadium in Omaha had a lot of empty seats. I imagine it won't be any better this year if Nebraska isn't there.

Big Ten baseball doesn't excite me if Nebraska is not playing -- and I'm sure I'm far from alone.

Hang in there, we’re gonna make the tournament and we’re gonna make some noise. OK, it’s a hope!! We saw very good pitching this weekend and some fight that has been lacking. Our talent is there, just wish we’d stop with the wasted steal attempts…we just ain’t as fast as Will/Lance may think we are.

GBR!

I thought that was a great series. Hard to beat a good team and the umps (which we’re truly horrible and cost us both losses).

I think we’ve managed to become an avg team, which given where we started is saying something.

Need to sweep the gophs next week though.

Keep the faith. GBR.

The kids are actually playing better baseball right now. The Keystone cop days seem to be over…thank goodness.
This is a very good group of Husker baseball fans, just frustrated. And rightfully so, but baseball is baseball, we are talented just not dominantly so, and that requires you get it done on the field. Stick with it, this is a pretty decent coaching staff…with the same goal as us, to win!

I like that the younger kids like Brice and Max are really starting to shine.

Brice especially was an absolute error machine through the first half of the year. He is playing great baseball right now.

And our young pitching gets better and better every game.

I hope they make the tournament. This is just one of those tough “baseball years”

Last edited:
I think we’ve managed to become an avg team, which given where we started is saying something.
My assessment as well. We’ve gradually improved to the point that we are a .500 ball club. And the craziness that was at the beginning of the year and really through the first half of the year has dried up.

We are just kind of an “average” team right now And that is improvement in itself.

I like that the young pitching continues to improve and Brice and Max seem to be coming into their own.

We still can’t bunt for crap which I absolutely don’t understand lol…..

The upcoming series against Minnesota is our opportunity to get into the Big Ten tournament mix. The Gophers are horrible -- at least as bad (if not worse) than the Ohio State team we swept in Columbus. Ideally, we need to sweep Minnesota, but at least keep the door open by winning 2 of 3.

The upcoming series against Minnesota is our opportunity to get into the Big Ten tournament mix. The Gophers are horrible -- at least as bad (if not worse) than the Ohio State team we swept in Columbus. Ideally, we need to sweep Minnesota, but at least keep the door open by winning 2 of 3.
We did pretty good against the stout Iowa pitching staff that is rated best in the conference
I think we do a lot better from now on :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back