• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Zac Taylor message to Nebraska

He hasn’t said a lot about Nebraska, so it’s nice to hear. Should be a perfect example for Nebraska in the simplest of terms. His team was 4-11-1 in 2020. His team is in the Super Bowl one year later. It just takes one or two difference maker(s), gamers, and a helluva kicker.

Quick question: How different is Nebraska’s record under Frost, if you just add a kicker? Instead of 15-29, it’s minimum 22-22, and probably better than that. Just adding one guy, a kicker.

Go get it Zac. You deserve it.

He gave a shout out to Nebraska because a reporter asked him if he wanted to say anything to Nebraska since they are playing Ireland later in the year. It wasn’t a spontaneous comment.

I hope Cincinnati wins and Nebraska can bring Zac in as the guest speaker at the coaches clinic event.

He hasn’t said a lot about Nebraska, so it’s nice to hear. Should be a perfect example for Nebraska in the simplest of terms. His team was 4-11-1 in 2020. His team is in the Super Bowl one year later. It just takes one or two difference maker(s), gamers, and a helluva kicker.

Quick question: How different is Nebraska’s record under Frost, if you just add a kicker? Instead of 15-29, it’s minimum 22-22, and probably better than that. Just adding one guy, a kicker.

Let’s get him as coach

Amen I said that another post tonight he needs to be on our alternate list to be the next head coach at Nebraska and I bet he would surprise the NFL world and take it

I am concerned that DONU has become a graveyard for coaches. Not to the level of KU, but trending.

Kicking has plagued NU since his Frost's first season. SF would more likely be 32-12 with a better kicker.

Kicking has plagued NU since his Frost's first season. SF would more likely be 32-12 with a better kicker.
You could be right. I was just not wanting to be overbearing with how many more wins NU could have, so I said 7+, I think it’s significant if you went and studied how many games were blown just because of no kicker. One dude.

I get your point but we had an all conference kicker last year. I don’t think you’re finding seven more wins. Hell our opponents had a worse time with field goals than we did in 2021.

I'm pretty sure if we had mentally the same Culp from 2020 as our place kicker in 2021, Nebraska is in a bowl game.
You got me curious, so I looked. No way we get to 32-12 as Warzone predicted and I think 22-22 is a real stretch as well, but lets look at our losses in 2021.

Illinois-Connor Culp was 1-1 on field goals. Still a loss.
Oklahoma-Connor Culp was 1-3 on field goals. Does anyone think we are beating OU if he makes them? I'd say still a loss.
Michigan State-Connor Culp was 2-2 on field goals. Still a loss
Michigan-No field goals attempted that I can see. Still a loss
Minnesota-Connor Culp was 1-2 on field goals. Still a loss
Ohio State-Connor Culp was 1-3 on field goals. Make them and we are still behind in the end. Still a loss.
Purdue-Chase Contreraz was 1-1 in field goals. Still a loss.
Iowa-No field goals attempted that I can see. Still a loss
Wisconsin-No field goals attempted. Still a loss.

I was ready to agree with you but after doing the research changed my mind. Granted our play calling can be debated to have changed because of our ineptitude but make them and who knows how the opponent responds. It's also been pointed out that as bad as we were, our opponents were worse. Funny thing was our worst effort was a 0-3 day by Culp against Buffalo. The next two worst were identical 1-3 days against Oklahoma and Ohio State and I don't think we are winning either of those games if we had went 3-3 kicking it through the uprights. I can't find 3 more wins there.

Last edited:

You got me curious, so I looked. No way we get to 32-12 as Warzone predicted and I think 22-22 is a real stretch as well, but lets look at our losses in 2021.

Illinois-Connor Culp was 1-1 on field goals. Still a loss.
Oklahoma-Connor Culp was 1-3 on field goals. Does anyone think we are beating OU if he makes them? I'd say still a loss.
Michigan State-Connor Culp was 2-2 on field goals. Still a loss
Michigan-No field goals attempted that I can see. Still a loss
Minnesota-Connor Culp was 1-2 on field goals. Still a loss
Ohio State-Connor Culp was 1-3 on field goals. Make them and we are still behind in the end. Still a loss.
Purdue-Chase Contreraz was 1-1 in field goals. Still a loss.
Iowa-No field goals attempted that I can see. Still a loss
Wisconsin-No field goals attempted. Still a loss.

I was ready to agree with you but after doing the research changed my mind. Granted our play calling can be debated to have changed because of our ineptitude but make them and who knows how the opponent responds. It's also been pointed out that as bad as we were, our opponents were worse. Funny thing was our worst effort was a 0-3 day by Culp against Buffalo. The next two worst were identical 1-3 days against Oklahoma and Ohio State and I don't think we are winning either of those games if we had went 3-3 kicking it through the uprights. I can't find 3 more wins there.

It's not just kicks made versus attempted.

When a kicker has the yips, you're less likely to even try beyond a certain range and it changes your play calling once you cross the 50. Drives that ended on downs or punts could have been FG's.

Think about what a difference it would make if you knew you'd be 90% inside of 45 yards.

It's not just kicks made versus attempted.

When a kicker has the yips, you're less likely to even try beyond a certain range and it changes your play calling once you cross the 50. Drives that ended on downs or punts could have been FG's.

Think about what a difference it would make if you knew you'd be 90% inside of 45 yards.
I agree that's why I prefaced it by saying our play calling could have changed because of our ineptitude. But there is also that thing referred to as the Butterfly Effect. No telling how our opponent responds had we been better. As much as I want to agree I can't find three more wins. Without looking my gut told me Michigan State but we were 2-2 that game. Minnesota and Purdue were 2-3 combined in those games. We didn't attempt field goals against Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan-was that lack of confidence, I can't remember and would have it made a difference. The only two terrible efforts were Ohio State and Oklahoma and personally I don't believe we win either game even if we made all of them.

I agree that's why I prefaced it by saying our play calling could have changed because of our ineptitude. But there is also that thing referred to as the Butterfly Effect. No telling how our opponent responds had we been better. As much as I want to agree I can't find three more wins. Without looking my gut told me Michigan State but we were 2-2 that game. Minnesota and Purdue were 2-3 combined in those games. We didn't attempt field goals against Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan-was that lack of confidence, I can't remember and would have it made a difference. The only two terrible efforts were Ohio State and Oklahoma and personally I don't believe we win either game even if we made all of them.

Ok.

We disagree.

Wasn't that easy?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back