• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Casey Thompson took his entire offensive line out for dinner & bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think CT can get us to a minimum of 9 wins regular season. Thoughts?

funny-as-hell-whoa-whoa.gif

Looks like Casey Thompson took the ME and turned it into a WE.
I’m not so sure - I read the Snapchat as “I had to take care of my guys.”

Who’s to say that Logan hasn’t taken the guys out for bowling and dinner? Or laser tag and steak?

I think he’ll do well here, but just because he posted about it on social media doesn’t have be convinced that no QB on our roster has done it now over the past 20 years.

Who’s to say that Logan hasn’t taken the guys out for bowling and dinner? Or laser tag and steak?

I think he’ll do well here, but just because he posted about it on social media doesn’t have be convinced that no QB on our roster has done it now over the past 20 years.

I don't believe I suggested the other QBs hadn't done the same. Although I'd guess Thompson was more likely to have significant NIL money than Smothers (and that wasn't a cheap date with the O-line) -- granted, that's an assumption that he even used NIL money to make the purchase.

I did say on a post in this thread that Smothers has had two years to build relationships with his teammates. One dinner and bowling from Casey Thompson isn't going to replace that. But I like the fact that within the first week of being in Lincoln, he made it a priority to get to know his teammates with some bonding away from the weight room. I don't believe it's a competition between quarterbacks as to whom can bond better.

Maybe he took them to…

63noqk.gif

He couldn’t get Texas 9 wins. And they have much more talent.

That'll happen when your defense is ranked 99th nationally in points allowed per game. Texas had a top 20 offense, but they had a bottom feeder defense.

If Casey Thompson gets some sort of improved Nebraska offensive line, he'll be fine. But no guarantees with the line. I have more faith in CT at QB than our line.

That'll happen when your defense is ranked 99th nationally in points allowed per game. Texas had a top 20 offense, but they had a bottom feeder defense.

If Casey Thompson gets some sort of improved Nebraska offensive line, he'll be fine. But no guarantees with the line. I have more faith in CT at QB than our line.
And I’m not accusing you of this because you haven’t been this way but it seems in spite of our line and special teams being rated pathetically low……many fans blamed all our losses on our quarterback, in spite of our offense and AM statistics being equal to Texas. But for some reason CT isn’t held responsible for the losses at Texas. Just an observation.

Last edited:
And I’m not accusing you of this because you haven’t been this way but it seems in spite of our line and special teams being rated pathetically low……many fans blamed all our losses on our quarterback. I’m spite of our offense and AM statistics being equal to Texas, for some reason CT isn’t held responsible for the losses at Texas. Just an observation.
I do read a lot of what your talking about.. From a collective whole, i think there is plenty of complaining centered on OL, ST, D to an extent.. QB's are just one player on a team, when the team is doing well they get the glory, when they aren't they normally get blamed.. I think there has been plenty to blame to go around for the past 20 years.. but i do understand what your saying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back