• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Smothers

With the additions of Thompson and Purdy I feel like we are forgetting about Logan. He played a pretty good game against a darn good Iowa defense, and it seems that he has the respect of the team. He chose to come here because he wanted to be a Husker, not because we were the best option.

He may not win the QB competition, but he's the guy I want to win.

Last edited:
He's a tough kid, good athlete, and by what we saw in his one start, a quick thinker on the field who makes decisive plays.

His arm is pretty accurate, but he doesn't have a cannon.

I don't think that is enough to start over Thompson, but he could win the backup job. Smothers, Purdy and Haarberg are all very talented

With the additions of Thompson and Purdy I feel like we are forgetting about Logan. He played a pretty good game against a darn good Iowa defense, and it seems that he has the respect of the team. He chose to come here because he wanted to be a Husker, not because we were the best option.

I don’t care who’s quarterbacking as long as we win.

Barring a couple injuries or being up 4 TDs late in the 4th, we'll never see Smothers on the field in a game again. Good guy, but just got buried on the depth chart.

Barring a couple injuries or being up 4 TDs late in the 4th, we'll never see Smothers on the field in a game again. Good guy, but just got buried on the depth chart.

ya just never know.... that ball bounces funny ways, and so does the life of a college kid. weve seen stranger things happen, look at the qb from georgia.

I think our inferring that we all hope that mr thompson does what he was brought here to do, and I agree

Last edited:
I’m pulling for him. Like what I saw, a lot. Fastest QB since a healthy Taylor Martinez, and or Eric Crouch. Needs some experience, but definitely is a helluva athlete.
I am also. Hopefully running game will be improved, offensive line improved, and recievers that can get open. I believe he throws well enough and his athleticism can be to his advantage.

I’m pulling for him. Like what I saw, a lot. Fastest QB since a healthy Taylor Martinez, and or Eric Crouch. Needs some experience, but definitely is a helluva athlete.
Casey Thompson has an identical 40 time as Smothers, right around 4.58. Martinez and Crouch each ran a 4.47 so I don’t think either one is nearly as fast, but they’re not slow by any means

He's a tough kid, good athlete, and by what we saw in his one start, a quick thinker on the field who makes decisive plays.

His arm is pretty accurate, but he doesn't have a cannon.

I don't think that is enough to start over Thompson, but he could win the backup job. Smothers, Purdy and Haarberg are all very talented
Tough kid, good athlete, team player, and bright individual. I hope he gives those other QB's a run for their money. That will only help everyone. Game on, Logan.

I'd take being up 4 td's in the 4th quarter every game if you are offering. :nod:

Logan's a stud. He can fight this fight on his own. I would bet you are going to see more arm strength from him this spring than you thought he had after working on it all winter.

Last edited:

I don’t think they would bring in two highly rated guys if they where confident in who they had. I assume they brought in these two guys with he expectation of them taking the job. My guess is Smothers transfers. I like him but he is not very accurate. Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch other football and see actual accurate quarterbacks. We haven’t had one in my lifetime.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back