• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU @ Texas ~ Match #32 Overall, Match #4 NCAA Tournament, (W ~ 3-1), Sat., 12/11/21 @ 9:00 pm CST on ESPNU (Match Thread/Recap)

Lots of good bbq in places that don't surround you in that god awful color

Austin is too big of a city to really notice the burnt orange most of the time. There's more people living in the Austin metro than the entire state of Nebraska -- and anymore, a very large percentage are transplants. If Elon Musk starts wearing burnt orange I may have to move.

The barbecue in Central Texas is upper-tier -- and no one can compete with our brisket. But I have to pace myself to about once per month -- or else I'd start to look like Bevo.

They were great to me. Lots of congrats after the game -- "your team played a great game." Chatted with one Horns fan for several minutes.

Texas volleyball fans are *almost* as much into their team as Nebraska. Both were top 5 in attendance this year. I really do enjoy games played in small, old gyms like that. Makes for a difficult environment for visiting teams, as that place gets loud!

Most UT fans I've known are pretty classy people. Sure every fan base has it's jerks & in UTs case, elitists. I'm sure most educated fans appreciate such a high quality competition as they saw last night. Husker Ladies put on quite a defensive & serving show and humbled a very good offensive team. On the broadcast you could tell their fans were shocked with several of our digs they assumed couldn't be saved. Longhorn Ladies don't lose very often there.

My gripe with UT was primarily with AD DeLoss Dodd & President Powers a few years ago during the breakup. They are both gone now.

I am afraid I took 30 years off my life living in Texas for six months 30 years ago I was so nauseated by their slogan , “Everything is better in Texass” mantra. The announcers distain for the huskers were so blatantly and brazenly pro Whorns. I so much appreciate the Nebraska mantra, “Nebraska Nice isn’t for everybody!”

They called it out as a push the first two or three times, basically saying Texas was getting away with it but then said it needed to stay consistent after that. The one they called wasn't even as bad as the earlier ones.

It's like changing how tightly you call pass interference in football differently late in the game. Most fans hate that.

I thought the announcers did a great job recognizing and giving props to our side throughout the night. Even on the Phantom call late that put texas to 19, they questioned why it was called.
That Texas player had put the WHORNS In a position many times this year and other years to win based upon fraud—She was pushing the ballOver the net probably all the years that she’s played and she was deceptive enough to not be flagged for it by my most officials Likely the most of the time

We were so dominant in all four sets until the end of each. Huskers got my heart racing each set.
Set 1 — 21-13 became 24-19
Set 2 — 20-12 became 23-23
Set 3 — 19-16 became 21-25
Set 4 — 21-13 became 24-21.
But in three of the four we were able to finish when we had to. Hope we can do a little better next time after getting to 20.
FYLTGE ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back