• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Westerkamp Interview

Nice interview. Too bad he got injured in bowl prep, believe he would have had a good NFL career, smart player.

I forgot, was it career ending? I always wondered why he didn’t get a chance. Good possession receiver and very dependable.

Don’t believe it was career-ending, though may have had an impact. I always wondered too why he didn’t get a solid NFL shot, but others far more knowledgeable than me on this board have opined that he was not fast enough.

Don’t believe it was career-ending, though may have had an impact. I always wondered too why he didn’t get a solid NFL shot, but others far more knowledgeable than me on this board have opined that he was not fast enough.
There have been plenty of receivers in the NFL, who aren’t the fastest guys, but they’re football guys and know how to play the game. This guy just always got open, and caught most everything.

It was a pretty bad back injury if I recall correctly. He also had complications from a surgery in Germany. Otherwise I think he could have made a roster. Always have believed he’s one of our better receivers in program history. Better than Spielman despite what stats say.

Thought his observations on our offense versus our defense were compelling. Why does the defense appear to be so far ahead of the offense? Far less turnover. More time together to build chemistry, understanding and trust. The constant change at wide receiver means Martinez hasn't had time to develop sufficient chemistry and trust with his wide receivers. They also haven't had enough reps to establish their go-to plays. Fascinating interview from a guy I always believed would be playing on Sundays.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back