• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PJ Fleck to Martinez: "I’m really proud of how good you’ve gotten."

Really, no body should be attacking a player to the point that they have to specify "I am sure as a person...".

You can say he isn't getting the job done on the field, you can say he has issues as a QB, but that doesn't automatically mean he is a bad person in real life.

I think AM is a very good athlete, but he is not the QB that will take NU over the top. I don't need to say anything more than that.. That is not attacking him, or calling him a bad person.

Last edited:
I'll see your pocket passer and raise you a pair of sevens:

Frost-and-Crouch-poll.jpg
You wouldn't want either of these guys in a Frost led offense. Runners that could pass very little.

He’s “proud” of him? That hits the ear wrong. Pride implies Fleck’s involvement, and makes the compliment about Fleck, not AM.

I’m not proud of the kid who puts up our Christmas lights. He does a good job, though.
Others have likened Fleck to a used car salesman .

The "proud" comment would seem right in his wheelhouse then, wouldn't it?

Smarmy and condescending. But sure looks/sounds good, Amirite?

It easy to be a holly man after a win. At time that it made me throw up in my mouth a little. Now I feel better….not.

Last edited:
WIthout even reading most of the responses to this, which I assume are bashing AM, I will say that until someone else shows they can do better, we have to ride with him as fans. It's as simple as that. If one of the other kids were better, they'd be playing. If you can't accept that, or think Frost is only playing AM because he likes him better, I don't know what to say.

My first thought was that PJ’s comments were the opening of dialogue that MN is interested in Adrian should he want to transfer after this season.

He’s “proud” of him? That hits the ear wrong. Pride implies Fleck’s involvement, and makes the compliment about Fleck, not AM.

I’m not proud of the kid who puts up our Christmas lights. He does a good job, though.

The difference is, coaches play the role of father figure. I'm guessing you aren't doing that with the kid putting up your Christmas lights.

I'm not sure why you would spin Fleck's words and embrace as anything other than heartfelt and genuine. Unless you really just hate Fleck -- which makes me chuckle with the name "Row." :Lol:

The difference is, coaches play the role of father figure. I'm guessing you aren't doing that with the kid putting up your Christmas lights.

I'm not sure why you would spin Fleck's words and embrace as anything other than heartfelt and genuine. Unless you really just hate Fleck -- which makes me chuckle with the name "Row." :Lol:

Fleck is a father figure to AM? If he has mentored him, then fine. But we should tell Frost.

Word choice matters, even if unintentional.
To your point:
Row 90…noun
Row a boat…verb

And no, I don’t find Fleck to present as genuine. He can coach, though.

For all anyone here knows Fleck may have recruited Martinez and built a relationship with the kid 4-5 years ago. While I WANT to believe it was tongue in cheek, I'm pretty sure he was just paying the kid a compliment.

Fleck embraced Martinez after the game and told him that he was proud of Adrian's progress. He indicated that he watches a lot of guys around college football and monitors progress from afar.

Maybe I'm wrong about Fleck on a personal level, but I've always thought of him as one of these coked-up used car salesman types. I can't really think of any major scandal or reason to think he's a colossal douchebag, but that image of him still persists in my mind.

Anyway, I thought it was a classy move on his part. Maybe we can lure him away from the Goofers after Frost gets fired.
It SEEMED like a classy move. That's what I thought at the time. As I watched the BTN show last night, I thought PJ may just be playing it up for the cameras, as he knew they were profiling his program last week. I don't know. Just seems like his messages aren't always consistent.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back