• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

And so it begins…..

Can’t blame any of the current recruits that are evaluating what is taking place in Lincoln…I am sure he won’t be the last.

I want to say that this recruiting class rankings can only go up but that isn’t necessarily true. :(

I’m just not sure how any coach, overcomes 4 straight losing seasons. Hell, there might not be a choice except to gut it, and move on. Recruiting recruiting recruiting.

Heck, it'll be a tough sell to find quality transfers for next season. And odds are very good, we'll lose some players to the portal.

That's a point I made in another thread a couple days ago ... the longer you stick with a losing coach, the greater the potential for long-term damage. Recruiting, transfers, ticket sales ...

Frost is going to have to go 3-1 the rest of the way out for any hope of stopping the bleeding. Even that may not be enough.

Heck, it'll be a tough sell to find quality transfers for next season. And odds are very good, we'll lose some players to the portal.

That's a point I made in another thread a couple days ago ... the longer you stick with a losing coach, the greater the potential for long-term damage. Recruiting, transfers, ticket sales ...

Frost is going to have to go 3-1 the rest of the way out for any hope of stopping the bleeding. Even that may not be enough.
Can’t disagree. He might even need to go 4-0. Tall task. But that’s what’s staring him in the face. 6-6 is a tough sell after 4 years. Nebraska, more than anyone, needs a big time win. Ohio State would fit that bill. This program needs a desperate shot of adrenaline. They really need to win out almost.

Can’t disagree. He might even need to go 4-0. Tall task. But that’s what’s staring him in the face. 6-6 is a tough sell after 4 years. Nebraska, more than anyone, needs a big time win. Ohio State would fit that bill. This program needs a desperate shot of adrenaline. They really need to win out almost.

Disagree. If we go 3-1 from here, beating Purdue, and Wisconsin on the road, and Iowa at home, it would totally change the current conversation. Not saying we’re going to do that, but if we did, it would at least temporarily stop the bleeding, and give us a chance with recruiting and the portal (both coming and going). A good performance and a win in the bowl game gets us to next year. Having said all that, it’s a long shot to go 3-1 with this bunch.

Last edited:

Yep. And this is why you can't no-show for games like Illinois and Minnesota (2 years in a row). Pissing away those games leaves no margin for error.

Last edited:
Yep. And this is why you can't no-show for games like Illinois and Minnesota (2 years in a row). Pissing away those games leaves no margin for error.
Yes sir. Just go back and look at how many games NU has pissed away. It’s eye opening. Frost is 15-25. You could easily reverse that number, easily. It’s shocking, like, how much bad can happen to one team? It’s a never ending cycle. It all started with Akron.

Last edited:

We lose recruits every year, just like all programs do. The problem we have now is that Nebraska isn't all that attractive and we don't have talent lined up to make up for losing a kid. Unfortunately that sometimes leads to taking kids on who either have some baggage to deal with or aren't fully bought in and become transfer portal bait. I think there is sufficient talent on the team right now to be winning 8-9 games a year but it isn't being managed properly. A 4th losing season and a coach on the ultra hot seat will cause that talent level to drop real fast. That's one of the main reason's I think Frost has to go. A new guy can come in now and win with the kids we have. If the program's on the upswing, better recruits will come. If we continue to stub our toes with Frost - by the time he's gone we truly will be leaving a weak roster for the next guy. That's when the "needing 4 years to rebuild" narrative will be a real thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back