• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interceptions

MHKHusker

Crying Jordan Face Lil' Red
5 Year Member
I know we’re talking about the special teams being the main contributor to us losing this game, but one thing I’m not seeing a lot of that would’ve made a HUGE difference was dropped interceptions. We had our hands on THREE different Rattler throws, and we didn’t intercept a single one, albeit, two of them had an OU receiver play good defense, but Braxton Clark had one in his arms and he just dropped it. Defense played great, but that’s going to be the tipping point from a great defense to an ELITE defense. Just my thoughts, if we force those turnovers, OU has two of their scoring drives abruptly taken. Let me know what you all think

I know we’re talking about the special teams being the main contributor to us losing this game, but one thing I’m not seeing a lot of that would’ve made a HUGE difference was dropped interceptions. We had our hands on THREE different Rattler throws, and we didn’t intercept a single one, albeit, two of them had an OU receiver play good defense, but Braxton Clark had one in his arms and he just dropped it. Defense played great, but that’s going to be the tipping point from a great defense to an ELITE defense. Just my thoughts, if we force those turnovers, OU has two of their scoring drives abruptly taken. Let me know what you all think

I’d add missed sacks to this as well. We had Rattler dead to rights a couple of times along with a few others where we got to him a step too late.

The Black Shirts played very well Saturday but if they could’ve generated 3-4 sacks at the right time the final outcome might’ve been different.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back