• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m pleased. Best game of Frost era

First time in a long time that Frost outcoached the other sideline. Our D played great and deserved a better fate. Clear our O line is the weak link of this team (place kicking not far behind). I’m not sure what Frost can do about Culp - he obviously has the yips. We aren’t good enough to give up 9 points in the kicking game each week.

It's what I asked for earlier in the week and I got it.

Would have loved to see a Husker win, but warts and all, NU played four quarters of inspired football against a superior opponent.

It really should be the next step in building confidence for the kids in themselves and the coaches in the kids.

Take the training wheels off the rest of the way out and knock some heads.

I like the confidence but there are a lot of reasons we won’t go 6-2. Special teams, continuous penalties and sloppy plays and ineffective line play.
Besides the penalties, I thought the line did a nice job overall. I could see some holes in there w the RB missing the holes far too often. Adrian also cut right into traffic a few times where had he went the opposite way, huge gains. He also had time to throw, for the most part. The sacks were mostly him holding the ball too long. Have to build off of it somehow.

Besides the penalties, I thought the line did a nice job overall. I could see some holes in there w the RB missing the holes far too often. Adrian also cut right into traffic a few times where had he went the opposite way, huge gains. He also had time to throw, for the most part. The sacks were mostly him holding the ball too long. Have to build off of it somehow.
The O line is getting close to being good. I realize many people can't see that. We need to slow the pass rush down to give AM about 1.0 more second on many of the pass plays. Not that far away. Let's see how they respond next week.

Run blocking. Saw some good things, especially with the counter blocking. You pointed out the RBs not seeing the holes. That too will come with time working together (assuming they continue progress).

The penalties on the first drive killed us. But the O line was playing in the loudest, and possibly the toughest, game of their lives. We'll get better.

Last edited:
The O line is getting close to being good. I realize many people can't see that. We need to slow the pass rush down to give AM about 1.0 second on many of the pass plays. Not that far away. Let's see how they respond next week.

Run blocking. Saw some good things, especially with the counter blocking. You pointed out the RBs not seeing the holes. That too will come with time working together (assuming they continue progress).

The penalties on the first drive killed us. But the O line was playing in the loudest, and possibly the toughest, game of their lives. We'll get better.
Martinez had enough time to throw, mostly, yesterday. He holds the ball too long often. Sacks happen then. He has to make faster decisions. They still got 3 the first drive, even after 25 yards of penalties. The OL yesterday, you finally could actually see some things. Have to win some games man, that’s the bottom line.

Pray they main the health and effort. Thisvis like alot of the othe losses. 1 score. I guess we will know at the end of the season.

Martinez had enough time to throw, mostly, yesterday. He holds the ball too long often. Sacks happen then. He has to make faster decisions. They still got 3 the first drive, even after 25 yards of penalties. The OL yesterday, you finally could actually see some things. Have to win some games man, that’s the bottom line.
He has to learn to throw the ball away and not take negative plays. Rattler did that - AM didn’t. He did play a great game otherwise. We just can’t seem to make a play when we need it.

I don’t think that’s a good thing that the high point of his Nebraska coaching career is a loss.
Your complaint isn't crazy, but we won't know what this was until the end of the year. If it turns out to have been the high point, it won't have meant anything. But if instead it's a turning point indicating future victories this year, it will have meant a lot.

I like the confidence but there are a lot of reasons we won’t go 6-2. Special teams, continuous penalties and sloppy plays and ineffective line play.

All that falls on the coaches at this point so if they fail then it is a failure of the staff. What I saw yesterday showed me the team has the talent to beat 6 of the next 8 assuming the coaches do their jobs.

C

"We took ND to overtime!" (pats back) "Look at our improvement!" (pats back again) - Florida State football

"LOL" - Jacksonville State, Wake Forest

My stupid grouchy point is.... let's see this Husker "improvement" next week, and the next, and the next......
OU was ripe for the taking and the Huskers didn't take advantage. At some point we need to start winning these games where we are battling to the end. I am not happy about yesterday. I am disappointed they didn't find a way to win. I refuse to pat anyone on the back here. Please remove yourself from my lawn and turn that music down.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back