• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Illinois Game Thread (08/28/2021)

I'm most interested to see the line play. Both teams, both sides.

We already know Illinois' offensive line has more career starts than any team in FBS.

I do like our offensive line talent -- obviously less overall experience. Illinois' defense made the switch from 4-3 to 3-4 -- and I can't imagine that's going to be an easy instantaneous transition.

Looking forward to finding out who our #2 QB is (though hopefully we only know this, and don't actually see him on the field).

I'm interested to see if Illinois is able to utilize Isiah Williams at WR. He made the switch from QB to WR. He's one of the most talented players on the entire field tomorrow -- if he can get the ball in his hands. 5-star recruit who chose Illinois as they were the only one to give him a shot at QB. Every big name school wanted to switch him to WR. Turns out, Bielema was able to convince him to do what he didn't initially want to do.

Illinois has the most super seniors in the nation (22).

Looking forward to seeing the pecking order for our RB's tomorrow. Truly no clue. There's so much mystery about tomorrow's game -- it's almost like being a kid at Christmas.

Sure hope the stadium is full. I'd even be pleased seeing a lot of orange with a fair amount of red mixed in. Will just be nice seeing fans back, and I hope they are into it.

88-90 degrees for a high. Heat index of 96-99. Partly cloudy skies. Wind SSW at 7-10 MPH.

Looking forward to another season of HUSKER game day chat with the usual group of highly intelligent and very knowledgeable HUSKERMAX posters. I feel this HUSKER season is going to be a most enjoyable one for sure with a winning record and bowl game to look forward too.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back