• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Rich Get Richer - Martinez Gets Deodorant Endorsement - Alabama QB gets $1 Million in Endorsements

I wonder just how ugly all this is going to get? Yea yea I hear about players making money but this stuff is going to get totally insane. No one can really see what's going to happen to college football but it's completely over as we've known it. So a kid who basically isn't even the starter nor hardly played is pushing a 1 million bucks? People don't believe there's going to be some issues on teams with this kind of cash being tossed around? HAHA!! Little Nicky is already saying he's going to make all that money because it's the Alabama brand? Probably true but the have nots might as well just pack it in or drop down from FBS football.

Last edited:
I wonder just how ugly all this is going to get? Yea yea I hear about players making money but this stuff is going to get totally insane. No one can really see what's going to happen to college football but it's completely over as we've known it. So a kid who basically isn't even the starter nor hardly played is pushing a 1 million bucks? People don't believe there's going to be some issues on teams with this kind of cash being tossed around? HAHA!! Little Nicky is already saying he's going to make all that money because it's the Alabama brand? Probably true but the have nots might as well just pack it in or drop down from FBS football.
Up .... FAS football

Literally I am on board with this being the end. This will kill it all unless its regulated. The MAC should quit now. The Pac-12 needs to consider its true interests. The SEC has been doing this the whole time. The ACC might need to get rid of their pseudo Ivy league schools (UVa, UNC, Wake). Millions????????? Wow. I am jealous. Can I get a Nike Biochemist shoe made?

Unreal .... to enter NFL draft or not...... the entire dynamics of collegiate athletics is off the rails

Jealous much? Who cares what these kids get. Stop acting like you wouldn’t cash the check.
Of course everyone would cash the check. We are just worried that this will end the sport we love. After a year or two of getting endorsements could a kid just hang it up? Could this cause serious issues within a locker room. If a backup QB can make millions at a big school will that hurt other schools in recruiting? Could this possibly only end up helping a handful of schools and killing programs around the country? Yeah we’re just jealous.

See my previous posts.

You will quickly have 48-56 schools in the super conferences, everyone else will be back to non scholarship football.

Money will determine all, NCAA dies, kids will quickly not worry about going to NFL or NBA as they make their fortune in a short four years in college without having to risk further physical damage in the pros.

Its all good.........At the top!

Last edited:

Has college basketball ended because of the NBA 1 and done rule? No. Is football being consolidated into the top 64 teams? Yes. That has been going on for 20+ years. Why is capitalism only good for the people who were getting the checks in administration and not for those who are doing all the work? If you are so naive to think premier players have not been getting serious benefits for years then it’s time to wake up to reality.

Has college basketball ended because of the NBA 1 and done rule? No. Is football being consolidated into the top 64 teams? Yes. That has been going on for 20+ years. Why is capitalism only good for the people who were getting the checks in administration and not for those who are doing all the work? If you are so naive to think premier players have not been getting serious benefits for years then it’s time to wake up to reality.
I hope you’re right and people like me are wrong. I do agree that college football has been moving to the top 64 teams for awhile. The only thing I took exception with was the jealousy comment. I don’t think that’s where people are coming from. I can tell you that’s not my issue with it.

All of the conferences are going to be robbed of schools that are going to join for super conferences I can see the big 12 dissolving and they either go west to the PAC 12 or they go east to the SEC perhaps Iowa State Kansas Kansas State would consider going east to the big ten but then you need another school ideally Missouri but Missouri’s already in the SEC

However with that said the Big Ten requires academic schools that participate in lots of research to be made eligible to join the Big Ten

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back