• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Coach Verduzco!!!

I read his doctoral dissertation online and while I'm no expert, it was definitely obvious he knows what he's talking about.
I think he does as well. It seems some are judging him basically off Adrian and that’s it. Some of them blame him completely for Adrian’s struggles. I believe other factors are important to understanding his struggles.

5f12lp.gif

I think he does as well. It seems some are judging him basically off Adrian and that’s it. Some of them blame him completely for Adrian’s struggles. I believe other factors are important to understanding his struggles.
The teams struggles are NOT all on Adrian. While he is a part of them, mostly with the fumbles, the teams struggles have been vast and wide reaching.

The teams struggles are NOT all on Adrian. While he is a part of them, mostly with the fumbles, the teams struggles have been vast and wide reaching.
Most definitely! I’m waiting for HuskerGene to post his running back thread to discuss a coach that honestly should be on the hot seat. I believe in Martinez. I fed like he got to big, is injury prone, and had no supporting cast. Especially a running game.

I think a significant amount of AM's issues are AM or not-Verdu related. With that said, I have serious doubts about coach based on other areas. Verdu, I would have to think, has a significant voice in recruiting. By the end of year 3 we had a three year starter who struggles with mid/deep passes and lateral passes, a #2 and "the future at QB" with a 10th grade arm (LM), another great runner but passing project (Smothers), and now Haarberg who seems athletic and has a cannon for an arm but is yet another project, and Masker who we really haven't seen.

If he's really a genius . . . he's running out of time to show it at NU. I'm tending to think he had some great success with QBs who had some good (even special) talent to start with, but he's struggled to find more and/or got a little over-confident in his ability to find a diamond in the rough and make magic happen.

As I've said, though . . . I'd just assume Frost and Verdu get it figured out and start winning.

Last edited:

At least AM's pre-Season ranking fairly higher than the former NU QB on the list. If post season ranking flips dramatically between the 2, Frost and co are in deep doggy doo doo with the new AD. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back