• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You never know what's going to bite.

Ive done my share.
Mostly Minnesota lakes, sand bottoms, structural.
Used to fish the Mississippi north of the cities, caught a lot of smallies ,bluegill, cats.
Always wanted to leadline for walleyes, I will, on the bucket list

Used to be a avid follower of Al Lindner, he brought the science into fishing.
My proudest moment was finding a mud line on an overfished lake north of the cities, caught 5 walleye,not a ton, but this was amongst many boats, especially when we started catching them.
They kep trolling right at us, but never saw that mud line on their depth finders.
It was all the same depth with small variations.

I'd love to flyfish for smallies in Mississippi's headwaters.

Leadlining crankbaits and bottom bouncers with spinner rigs are the most popular ways to finish the Missouri River reservoirs for walleyes from now through August.

Ive done my share.
Mostly Minnesota lakes, sand bottoms, structural.
Used to fish the Mississippi north of the cities, caught a lot of smallies ,bluegill, cats.
Always wanted to leadline for walleyes, I will, on the bucket list

Used to be a avid follower of Al Lindner, he brought the science into fishing.
My proudest moment was finding a mud line on an overfished lake north of the cities, caught 5 walleye,not a ton, but this was amongst many boats, especially when we started catching them.
They kep trolling right at us, but never saw that mud line on their depth finders.
It was all the same depth with small variations.
Ever do the rearing pound on the Minnesota river just outside of Bloomington? Only way to get to them in canoe but fishing is great, caught 28 pound northern in there. Though it was a tree stump

1 inch luminescent mister twister on a pink tungsten jig is killer through the ice on crappie and gills. Caught walleye on the rig as well.

Ever do the rearing pound on the Minnesota river just outside of Bloomington? Only way to get to them in canoe but fishing is great, caught 28 pound northern in there. Though it was a tree stump
South ,or other side of the river are several ponds as well, in Eagan, by the Cedar bridge.
Used to be able to park and walk,not sure how it is now.

Great fishing in those ponds, a lot of snowy egrets there too

Years ago I used to fish for bass on the Potomac in Virginia/DC. Throwing a fire tiger crankbait it was hard to keep the cats off the line. Lots of fun but wouldn't eat anything coming out of there at the time.
20 years ago while fishing under the stars in sailboat down the Potomac, I caught a bag of garbage & a 4 ft eel. The garbage was a better fight in the water. Getting the slippery eel off the hook on the deck without a flashlight while it hissed at me was probably funny to watch. Caught a lot of snakeheads down there too. Interesting waters. I still wouldn’t eat anything out of there that’s not a crab.

Last edited:
20 years ago while fishing under the stars in sailboat down the Potomac, I caught a bag of garbage & a 4 ft eel. The garbage was a better fight in the water. Getting the slippery eel off the hook on the deck without a flashlight while it hissed at me was probably funny to watch. Caught a lot of snakeheads down there too. Interesting waters. I still wouldn’t eat anything out of there that’s not a crab.
Fishing on the Potomac is brave. Snakeheads, eels, etc. I’ve heard stories of bull sharks swimming up in there.

Fishing on the Potomac is brave. Snakeheads, eels, etc. I’ve heard stories of bull sharks swimming up in there.
My friends who live around there have said the same. I recall photos & newspaper articles at the bar at the marina south of 301 about the bulls that love that brackish water. I’ve personally seen a whole bunch of jellyfish & rays Just north of the mouth. It’s amazing how fast a guy can swim when he notices a group of jellyfish that he’s happened to swim into.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back