• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Rutgers - Game #3 - 5-2-21 @12 pm Cntrl - Hawks Field

@HuskerWeatherman

Take a look at the remaining games everyone has on their schedule.

It’s going to be a Donnybrook!

And the easiest road to the conference championship is clearly Iowa’s. At least in my mind. Ohio State has an easier road as well.

I honestly think Indiana’s schedule is the toughest from here out with Nebraska and Michigan close behind.

Rutgers and Maryland are clearly wildcards that can really mess people up just as Rutgers did to us this series.

Probably not the best for RPI as you have pointed out but darn the next month is going to be interesting….and hopefully fun!

And the conference tournament is going to be absolutely wide-open in my mind.

It's a mess trying to figure out who will rise to the top! Wide-open indeed -- except that there won't be a conference tournament.

Rutgers has truly put the conference into chaos. Not more than 10-12 days ago, it looked like Nebraska, Michigan, and wondering who else might be legitimate, if any. Then Rutgers has gone out and won five straight games against Nebraska and Michigan -- and completely opened up the conference to seven teams with a chance -- including Rutgers themselves! Rutgers went into last Sunday with a losing record and not a lot of hope -- now they are 17-13 and very much in the mix -- crazy!

Worth noting -- Rutgers has the 4-game series next weekend hosting Indiana and Nebraska. If they come out of next weekend well, their road gets much easier the rest of the way, with 10 games against teams without winning records.

Last edited:

Let them vent. You have to find a release, or it consumes you. We'll be o.k., but we don't need to be stifled. Life will go on. :)

Vent away, with facts behind it. I'm game but don't blame a player for something he's not in control of.

Last edited:
Indiana, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State, Rutgers -- all separated by not more than 3.5 games in the standings. Any of those seven could step up and win the Big Ten. Any one could fall from high in the standings down to 7th -- and it's a guarantee 7 teams aren't making the postseason.

Indiana, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State, Rutgers -- all separated by not more than 3.5 games in the standings. Any of those seven could step up and win the Big Ten. Any one could fall from high in the standings down to 7th -- and it's a guarantee 7 teams aren't making the postseason.
Three maybe four will make it. Unless somebody gets hot, likely all that make it will be a 3 or 4 seed in regionals.

We can still win this thing, but I’m not liking what I’ve seen the last seven games. Our bullpen in a regional terrifies me. If we save Bunz for a game four we have nobody other than Schwelly.

except that there won't be a conference tournament.
Did not realize this…

What baloney!

But literally nothing the Big Ten has done ever since Jim Delaney left surprises me anymore.

Talk about a floundering ship with no sense of direction, creativity, flexibility or fiscal responsibility other than which ever way the political winds blow.

I don’t even think the Big Ten knows what it wants to be anymore, yet is defended by the media and the “old guard Big Ten faithful” as if it’s gospel.

I like the money, I like the geographical positioning, I like the Big 10’s reputation on academics….and it makes OK sense to be playing the teams we are playing except maybe Rutgers and Maryland.

But the Big Ten basically sucks right now and unless the conference changes its ways it’s going to drastically decline compared to the other power fives. All my opinion of course.

Last edited:
I don't think Bunz will get the nod for game 4 this next weekend. Keep an eye on Koty Frank for that role. Heck, I'd Johnny Wholestaff it if it meant we're 3-0 going in to the last game. Bunz is too important out of the pen & it seems as though his arm responds better with shorter type stints. He's a 2 or 3 game impact guy coming out of the pen.

Very good chance we'll have Kyle Perry back for this next series. It'll be a very low pitch count but that's something else to look out for, for an inning.

So much focus on pitching (bullpen) while our offense has lost something serious in the last two series plus when it seemed to begin in the Sunday game against Penn State...

Last 7 games
Acker 7-28 / .250
Hallmark 6-33 / .182
Schwellenbach 3-22 / .164
Chick 4-24 / .167
Anderson 7-29* / .242
Roskam 7-28* / .250
Matthews 0-18 / .000
Everitt 3-14 / .215
Hagge 2-8 / .250
Foster 1-6 / .167
Steil 0-5 / .000
Cervantes 1-9 / .112

*Anderson & Roskam went 3-6 & 3-5 respectively in a single game otherwise they'd be under .200 as well. Not a single guy above .250 in the last 7 games. :eek:

So much focus on pitching (bullpen) while our offense has lost something serious in the last two series plus when it seemed to begin in the Sunday game against Penn State...

Last 7 games
Acker 7-28 / .250
Hallmark 6-33 / .182
Chick 4-24 / .167
Anderson 7-29* / .242
Roskam 7-28* / .250
Matthews 0-18 / .000
Everitt 3-14 / .215
Hagge 2-8 / .250
Foster 1-6 / .167
Steil 0-5 / .000
Cervantes 1-9 / .112

*Anderson & Roskam went 3-6 & 3-5 respectively in a single game otherwise they'd be under .200 as well. Not a single guy above .250 in the last 7 games. :eek:
Totally disgusting!! Are we a fraud, or just in a slump? We will see! :(

Last 7 games
Acker 7-28 / .250
Hallmark 6-33 / .182
Chick 4-24 / .167
Anderson 7-29* / .242
Roskam 7-28* / .250
Matthews 0-18 / .000!!!
Everitt 3-14 / .215
Hagge 2-8 / .250
Foster 1-6 / .167
Steil 0-5 / .000
Cervantes 1-9 / .112

Brice needs to relax, for goodness sakes!!! :(

Indiana has two stud starters. Will be hard pressed to win one of those.

Then onto this rutgers team with a shot bullpen.

Could be starting a sweep again next week.

Don't know what to say. Things were going on so well, then all hell broke lose, and Nebraska just fall apart :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back