• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Honas Coming Back

LOVE this!

D is firming up very nicely!

Now if Scott can go down to the local Costco (also known as the transfer portal or junior college route).....

and find us a speed rusher or two.

holy moly look out!

Uhhhh.....

We need to be careful here.

If the D has firmed up very nicely for more than four hours, you may need to seek the help of a doctor.

UCF total defense
2016-39th
2017-94th
The 2016 team seemed to set up the 2017 team, once a few pieces were put in place for the O, where of course, the O then carried the day.
UCF let the D go all out aggressive, led the nation in takeaways etc, we might start to see more aggression

It is almost as if we have two different teams. It makes me wonder about the vote to not play in a bowl game. Did that fall along the lines of defense and offense?

The culture on defense appears to be that of a tight nit group that wants to compete together. It's getting better.

The culture on offense seems to be nothing short of disarray. Losing Wandale is a blow, no doubt.
But there are pieces that should be coming together on that side of the ball, by now.

I am in the camp that AM could still be a very good college QB. He obviously needs to secure the football much better but he also needs some weapons on the perimeter to stretch the field. If some deep threats could get open more often he may actually hit some of those deep shots. If we had a RB or two that could pop a long run once in awhile that would help him as well.

Anyway, Guys like Betts, Alante Brown, Manning (IF he is still here), D. Houston, Hickman, J. Nance etc. Why are they not seeing the field more and getting developed. Are they all hurt?

RB's: Morrison, Thompkins, Scott and R. Johnson all hurt?

If most of these guys come back healthy and we add these weapons to the rotation next year, along with Stepp and Toure, can they be brought together and are they talented enough to establish a successful culture or identity on offense?

The offensive line will be young but seem to be really talented from what we have seen from those younger guys.

Any freshman coming in that can help right away on that side if the ball beside Fidone?

I just don't see this as a lack of talent issue any longer. On paper we have plenty of talent on offense. It gives me hope, but it may be false hope, again. They have to be developed and we need to establish what we want to be on this side of the ball. I liked what I saw against Rutgers, sans the turnovers.
On paper we've had better talent than most of our division the last 10 years....we can't develop that talent for some reason...

Of course. I guess I’m saying if the transfer wins the job, then you have the luxury of flexing Luke out. But I completely get your point. Henrich is another guy in the mix, along with Nelson, Tannor, and Payne. It’s going to be a nice problem to have. If I had to predict I’d guess Luke stays inside. I just have visions of him and JoJo coming off the edge and making life miserable for opposing offenses. It would be fun to watch, but probably not practical.
Gotcha. I just think Reimer is our best ILB right now, not sure I move him. Further, he would play a Domann role and not a Tannor/Nelson/Payne role so not sure the move to OLB fits for him. Henrich on the other hand...

No legs to hump in Huntsville, Scooter?
Pal I'm too busy celebrating National Championships. Oh by the way did you know Alabama is favored to win it again next year?
Why don't you pull a Rip Van Winkle and when you wake up we will have another 10 to add to that total, not to mention not hearing from you for 20 years would be a celebration in itself.

Pal I'm too busy celebrating National Championships. Oh by the way did you know Alabama is favored to win it again next year?
Why don't you pull a Rip Van Winkle and when you wake up we will have another 10 to add to that total, not to mention not hearing from you for 20 years would be a celebration in itself.

If you don’t want to hear from me, don’t hump my leg, Scooter.

Was that him or Reimer? I don't remember seeing Honas do it that much, but I felt like Reimer cheated a few times trying to make a big play, and the back just ran into the gap he vacated.

I didn't watch Reimer as much as Honas but I saw Honas shoot the wrong gap way too often. I still think we're better with him than without him though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back