• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Indiana thumbs it’s nose at B1G

I got beat up for saying it at the time, but OSU to the B1G conference championship was the right call. But I do find it funny that IU is giving them the bird for doing so.
I think OSU was the right call, but the point is that the Big kept changing the rules. OSU was the better team but they didn't qualify with enough games. Then all of a sudden the rules change? That to me is the issue, not who the better team is/was.

The big needs to fire warren and say we made a mistake, then move on from there.

I think OSU was the right call, but the point is that the Big kept changing the rules. OSU was the better team but they didn't qualify with enough games. Then all of a sudden the rules change? That to me is the issue, not who the better team is/was.

The big needs to fire warren and say we made a mistake, then move on from there.
Yep. The fact is they did change the rule. My argument was and still is that the original rule was the mistake and they eventually corrected their mistake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt given that the conference was adjusting to a pandemic, and some of these things were not well anticipated. But in the end they got it right in my opinion.

Yep. The fact is they did change the rule. My argument was and still is that the original rule was the mistake and they eventually corrected their mistake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt given that the conference was adjusting to a pandemic, and some of these things were not well anticipated. But in the end they got it right in my opinion.

Agreed with the bold, but how many times did they have to correct their mistakes? once, twice, more? They did end up making the right calls most of the time, 1) actually start the season, 2)OSU in the championship game, but they screwed the pooch on not letting teams find make up games, if they would have done that then there would not have been an issue with OSU.

Agreed with the bold, but how many times did they have to correct their mistakes? once, twice, more? They did end up making the right calls most of the time, 1) actually start the season, 2)OSU in the championship game, but they screwed the pooch on not letting teams find make up games, if they would have done that then there would not have been an issue with OSU.
Absolutely. The conference had some of the worst leadership I’ve ever seen from a group of people who are supposedly intelligent individuals. It was a cluster from the moment they canceled the season. You’ll get no argument from me on that.

In regards to this conversation if indiana and osu switched places I would bet the big 10 doesnt change the rules....just saying. If indiana can use it as a chip on their shoulder more power to them.
Will never know. I would hope if Indiana was undefeated and clearly the best team in the conference that they would’ve done the same thing. But I guess there’s no way to find out now.

Rule of playing 6 games was changed for ONE reason only - $$$$$$$$$
Now there will be additional revenue sharing with osu in the title game. A little extra cash for UNL.

cool - kick em out ... or better yet don't give em their share of combined B1G bowl revenue. ;)

What the BIG completely missed was the season should have started the same time as the other P5 conferences. BIG hid under their desks and in basements shaking in their shoes. Without those other conferences I'm convinced there wouldn't have been a season. Had the BIG done the right thing there most likely would not have been a need for the controversial rule reversal. Nothing the BIG does anymore surprises me! :mad:

Last edited:

In regards to this conversation if indiana and osu switched places I would bet the big 10 doesnt change the rules....just saying. If indiana can use it as a chip on their shoulder more power to them.
tOSU beat Indiana ... doesn't matter if it was 5, 6 or 9 conference games. If IU would have beaten tOSU (with an undefeated record and requisite high national ranking) and failed to achieve the minimum number of games I do suspect they change the rule to allow Indiana to play in CCG.

They (Allen and Indiana) need to just shut up and move on ... much like they and everyone else told NU to do!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back