• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #2, (L, 66-69), Thu, 11/26 vs Nevada @ PBA, (Game Thread, Recap & Box Score)

I swear it looks like when Nebraska joined the B1G, they signed a contract to lose in all men's sports..... UGH

Some things to work on. I like the pieces they have, so they need to learn to adjust to the different style of competition. Nevada plays steady, smart, solid defense, so every possession counts.

The bad thing is effort wise, considering our steals and low turnover we played good. Just couldn't get anything to fall behind the arc or even in the paint. Missed a bunch of bunnies.

Final Stats: Read 'em and Weep :mad:

1606425293593.png

Final Stats: Read 'em and Weep :mad:

View attachment 55818

Before everyone panics, take a good look at the number of attempts and percentages of both the 3s and 2s of both teams. Nevada isn’t built around shooting the 3, so when they take it, it’s in rhythm, it’s with guys in a position to rebound, so it’s a pretty good feeling shot to take. Currently, we lean on it extremely hard, so much so, we didn’t see much of a plan B when those deep shots weren’t falling. Our guys just need to take a look at the film, see those spots they could have looked for the easier shot, and just take it.

On nights we are on fire from 3, we can play like we did today and win. When we aren’t hot, some pretty simple adjustments will still allow us to win our share of games. No panic. All it takes is a little adjustment by Fred.

Some things to work on. I like the pieces they have, so they need to learn to adjust to the different style of competition. Nevada plays steady, smart, solid defense, so every possession counts.
I agree. Need better movement on offense consistently and to keep after it when up by 10.

At least the early season gut punch didn't take long. UNL has a fun basketball team. If they can get rolling, they could be tough out. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back