• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa Refuses Demand from eight former players for 20 Million and firing Ferentz!

Did they take Iowa to court or are they just demanding money? Usually these kinds stories include a description of litigation and it seems like a big number was thrown out with some accusations. Whole thing seems odd. And also, I sure hope coaches everywhere are considering their personal biases and doing everything they can to care for the kids on their teams.

Last edited:

Did they take Iowa to court or are they just demanding money? Usually these kinds stories include a description of litigation and it seems like a big number was thrown out with some accusations. Whole thing seems odd. And also, I sure hope coaches everywhere are considering their personal biases and doing everything they can to care for the kids on their teams.
It was a demand letter... if you don't agree to our proposal and pay, we'll see you in court... of course if Iowa says no, they may or may not file suit...

Last edited:

litigants always look for settlements. We'll see if they have a case if and when they file a lawsuit. Until then, it's conversation.

It was a demand letter... if you don't agree to our proposal and pay, we'll see you in court... of course if Iowa says no, they may or may not file suit...
I am sure it is a common legal practice, but that kinda sounds like extortion or a ransom letter. Again, this is probably how these kinds of lawsuits unfold and I am just ignorant to the typical process.

But if I got a letter saying "Pay me 20mil or I'll see you in court..." I would probably check to see if it was from a captured prince in some remote village on a different continent who also was telling me I'd have bad luck for 30 days if I didn't do it.

I am sure it is a common legal practice, but that kinda sounds like extortion or a ransom letter. Again, this is probably how these kinds of lawsuits unfold and I am just ignorant to the typical process.

But if I got a letter saying "Pay me 20mil or I'll see you in court..." I would probably check to see if it was from a captured prince in some remote village on a different continent who also was telling me I'd have bad luck for 30 days if I didn't do it.
I agree!

You better pay up, because your husker fandom will effect me too.

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.28.47 PM.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back