• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BiG Expected To Reinstate Football Season Starting October 24

Not sure what you are talking about. This is the same meeting that happened yesterday.

Sunday marked the second major meeting this weekend between the Big Ten's return to competition task force and university presidents and chancellors. While Saturday's meeting was smaller and included only eight of the presidents and chancellors, Sunday's videoconference was an opportunity for all three of the task force's subcommittees -- medical, TV and football scheduling -- to present their plans to all 14 presidents and chancellors.

The meeting where there's an actual vote to return or not. Those committees just presented their info. Our own AD has said he has no idea what's going on.

After these sky high expectations to play don't see anyway the CO/P will not vote to reverse and play. If they don't they best have new jobs lined up. The amount of heat that's going to rain down on them from the media, coaches, players, fans, businesses, important donors, politicians will make the past several weeks seem tame. I believe the start date and firm schedule need to be worked out and it's going to happen.

After these sky high expectations to play don't see anyway the CO/P will not vote to reverse and play. If they don't they best have new jobs lined up. The amount of heat that's going to rain down on them from the media, coaches, players, fans, businesses, important donors, politicians will make the past several weeks seem tame. I believe the start date and firm schedule need to be worked out and it's going to happen.

The fact that nothing happened today makes me doubt anything is going to happen. A schedule is easy to work out at this point. You already have most of it done from the last schedule. I can't see what's holding this up at this point if there's going to be a vote.

"The Pac-12's "most aggressive" return plan is currently targeting mid-to-late November, according to a source familiar with the league's discussions."

As I said above the wild fires maybe playing into this too.

"The Pac-12's "most aggressive" return plan is currently targeting mid-to-late November, according to a source familiar with the league's discussions."
That’s horrible news. Gives the delay crew more reason to delay into a JV season.

I
That’s horrible news. Gives the delay crew more reason to delay into a JV season.

If the BIG and PAC are in cahoots then your statement is probably true. I live in PAC land, WA, and their restrictions are pretty heavy for return to sports and school from what I can tell. I tend to lean to they are in cahoots, and that they are willing to have the GRAND Daddy of them all play out in January or later. So they have some sort of bowl game.

Last edited:
The fact that nothing happened today makes me doubt anything is going to happen. A schedule is easy to work out at this point. You already have most of it done from the last schedule. I can't see what's holding this up at this point if there's going to be a vote.
If all schools aren't playing I would think the schedule would require a fair amount of planning and thought. All sorts of issues involved including times, places, TV, medical requirements etc. This time those pea-brains had better have their act together before announcing a return to play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back