• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring & Fall Proposal

I don’t understand why people think Spring football doesn’t happen. Vaccine is the game changer. Then $$ will once again rule the day.

Last edited:
The idea of a spring season just doesn't make sense IMO. Offer extended practices fall & spring.

Perhaps scrimmage a couple teams next spring ...& hope for a 2021 season is where my mind is at.

Student athletes ought to get an extra year waiver, basically NCAA medical hardship / redshirt EVERYONE in 2020 (if interested) due to unusual circumstances.
The problem with that is now schools will have to pay for more scholarship athletes while making significantly less

I will hold onto my season ticket money until the Fall 2021. I am not going to pay the expense of traveling from Texas in the spring for what are essentially meaningless games. If the B10 will not allow them to play this Fall, then just wait until next season and hope things are better by then. Spring would just mess up football in the fall and perhaps cost some players the whole season.

Last edited:
"Just play football for 12 months straight, it's fine"

Whats Going On GIFs | Tenor

Lets organize a playoff for whoever plays in spring and let someone claom a national title.

spring. fall is done.
That's what I think the best case scenario would be going forward. Brohm's proposal is a literal pipe dream. I want to know where he gets his stuff.

We obviously have resigned ourselves to the fact that it's not worth going thru a dumpster fire with the Big 10 to try and play this fall, which is not the correct decision, imho, but that's moot now.

The best we can hope for now is a couple spring game style scrimmages with schools that are closest to NE. Iowa would be the most obvious.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back