• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring & Fall Proposal

Spring football will be treated as intra-B1G scrimmages by the coaches and ADs. No school will want to put their players at risk for the meaningful Fall 2021 season all in the name of "The Kevin Warren Commissioner's Spring Season" that is essentially meaningless.

Spring football will be treated as intra-B1G scrimmages by the coaches and ADs. No school will want to put their players at risk for the meaningful Fall 2021 season all in the name of "The Kevin Warren Commissioner's Spring Season" that is essentially meaningless.

Especially when every possible draftable player will be opting out for the NFL draft. It would be The Kevin Warren Spring Backup season.

What I would support is allowing teams to play an exhibition game....maybe 2...to help generate at least a little bit of revenue.

The idea of a spring season just doesn't make sense IMO. Offer extended practices fall & spring.

Perhaps scrimmage a couple teams next spring ...& hope for a 2021 season is where my mind is at.

Student athletes ought to get an extra year waiver, basically NCAA medical hardship / redshirt EVERYONE in 2020 (if interested) due to unusual circumstances.

Except that Ireland game. Keep the rest.
That thing is on life support already. Got something from the travel agency that said something to the effect of "we're keeping an eye on things and checking with Irish partners to see if they'll let us out of commitments...etc."

That thing is on life support already. Got something from the travel agency that said something to the effect of "we're keeping an eye on things and checking with Irish partners to see if they'll let us out of commitments...etc."

I figured. I bet there are some blue hairs who want out already. They should re-schedule that when this calms down.

I figured. I bet there are some blue hairs who want out already. They should re-schedule that when this calms down.
As it is right now I don't think Americans are allowed into Ireland. Who knows if they'll make that permanent...o_O

Assuming we stay the course and look to play ball in the spring,
schedule:

Spring 2021 - 8 games over 10 weekends (Feb 27 - May 1)

Each Big Ten team plays 3 divisional and 4 non-divisional Big Ten opponents. Each team would then have 1 out of conference game with teams from other conferences playing in the spring.

Fall 2021 - 8 games over 10 weekends (Sep 25 - Nov 27)

Each Big Ten team plays the remaining 3 divisional and 3 non-divisional Big Ten opponents it didn’t play in the spring. Each team would then have 2 out of conference games.

Of course teams may not have the same rosters in both seasons, but it still would get all Big Ten teams playing each other within a year. And everything I’ve read from coaches and such is they don’t want to excede 16 games.
Not gonna happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back