• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska Punches Back at the B1G. How does that impact our future?

the whole "spring season" thing is an absolute joke. They know they aren't going to do it.

I won't be surprised if they do -- but at this point, I don't think any decision will surprise me.

But -- IF they do go with a spring season, I highly doubt it's going to be 10 games. I could see a 6-game spring schedule. Maybe just play all of your divisional opponents. But like you (and most here), I'm not in favor of a spring season. It's a matter of trying to get inside Warren's brain -- which is a scary place to be.

Last edited:

I won't be surprised if they do -- but at this point, I don't think any decision will surprise me.

But -- IF they do go with a spring season, I highly doubt it's going to be 10 games. I could see a 6-game spring schedule. Maybe just play all of your divisional opponents. But like you (and most here), I'm not in favor of a spring season. It's a matter of trying to get inside Warren's brain -- which is a scary place to be.
Clearly the presidents aren't listening to him.

Clearly the presidents aren't listening to him.

I said this earlier, but none of this happens with Jim Delaney in charge. How could this guy be this bad? I know this is a tough situation, but come on.

I said this earlier, but none of this happens with Jim Delaney in charge. How could this guy be this bad? I know this is a tough situation, but come on.

He sucks.

Once those schedules were released, there should have been nothing stopping the season from at least getting started. But he obviously crapped the bed and didn't communicate with the university presidents first. That makes zero sense to me.

I hope once he has this all figured out he offers a public apology -- not counting on it, doesn't change the fact that he made a critical error in leadership -- but he should apologize.

He sucks.

Once those schedules were released, there should have been nothing stopping the season from at least getting started. But he obviously crapped the bed and didn't communicate with the university presidents first. That makes zero sense to me.

I hope once he has this all figured out he offers a public apology -- not counting on it, doesn't change the fact that he made a critical error in leadership -- but he should apologize.

Honestly, he should probably resign when this is over if that's what happened. You're absolutely right, if you release a schedule, you don't reverse course 6 days later. And I still don't get why any final decision HAS to be made right now. Delay it some more and say we'll revisit in 2 weeks. Every football fan knows that anything above 6 games is a gift anyway.

He sucks.

Honestly, he should probably resign when this is over if that's what happened. You're absolutely right, if you release a schedule, you don't reverse course 6 days later. And I still don't get why any final decision HAS to be made right now. Delay it some more and say we'll revisit in 2 weeks. Every football fan knows that anything above 6 games is a gift anyway.
Reminds me of Sgt. Schultz

Nebraska will do nothing to jeopardize their membership with the B1G. If they say each team can make their own decision on playing and schedule whomever they can, many of the teams may do that. If they say no, Nebraska will fall inline with everyone else. Moos is not an idiot and neither is Frost.

Nebraska will do nothing to jeopardize their membership with the B1G. If they say each team can make their own decision on playing and schedule whomever they can, many of the teams may do that. If they say no, Nebraska will fall inline with everyone else. Moos is not an idiot and neither is Frost.

But doesn't it, for now, seem like tOSU and maybe a school or two are leaning more the same way that Nebraska is? That's fairly significant because they're the belle of the ball.

I don't see how Nebraska could make much money out of this year if the B1G shuts down the season. They might allow the Huskers to play other teams, but how would they get paid $ from TV, The B1G wouldn't let them collect if the other B1G teams don't that aren't playing. Other conferences like the SEC might pay for "one off" games, I guess, but I doubt it would be too much money...maybe $1-2million. That wouldn't be too much considering the expenses of travel, would it?

I guess I just don't see a scenario of this working unless the Huskers also decided to fill the seats on Home games so they could cover expenses. Then, they might be able to get at least AirForce, Navy, Army to play in Nebraska...and maybe a team like Central Florida, Cincy, Memphis, S Florida...I guess that's the scenario?

I find it doubtful that the Huskers could fill a schedule at this late date under this circumstance. Be cool if it works out though.

Last edited:

Kick his ass seabass!

Last edited:
But doesn't it, for now, seem like tOSU and maybe a school or two are leaning more the same way that Nebraska is? That's fairly significant because they're the belle of the ball.
This is not the Big 12. OSu does not control the B1G the way TU controls the Big 12. OSu did not vote to play and only Harbaugh has rebelled from his university's decision. We will not tell the B1G to KMA. If they allow Nebraska to play, then the university can move in that direction with everyone else.

And I am vehemently against a spring season. Too hard on the players.

This is a whole different ballgame. As speculated yesterday Nebraska has tOSU, Michigan, PSU on board. As seen today all coaches from these universities gave a press conference confirming the tweet no one took legit. Its happening folks. CFB will be played and these four universities from the b1g want in. Obviously Iowa does too. We may be witnessing the end of the b1g. If tOSU and Michigan is in, look out.

Why would the b1g come back today and say they havent confirmed anything yet? Pressure is on the b1g now.

Don't think for a minute this hasn't been in the works for a month or two between these blue bloods. I leaked the potential of conference realignment for this year a few months ago on another board and got laughed at.

This might just be the start of a 32 team upper level college fb division separate from anything ncaa. Throw in the right to pay players, its start from scratch.

Key here is the OSU, Michigan and PSU onboard. This is no longer up to the b1g they arent in power at this point.

Last edited:
This is not the Big 12. OSu does not control the B1G the way TU controls the Big 12. OSu did not vote to play and only Harbaugh has rebelled from his university's decision. We will not tell the B1G to KMA. If they allow Nebraska to play, then the university can move in that direction with everyone else.

And I am vehemently against a spring season. Too hard on the players.

I read that the tOSU president won't vote to cancel, only delay.
I think tOSU is bigger than you may think. Texas was the big cigar, yes. I think tOSU is in that same class.
I think we all agree that spring football is extremely dangerous and foolish.

All of this probably means nothing... I'm tired and hoping against hope.

This is a whole different ballgame. As speculated yesterday Nebraska has tOSU, Michigan, PSU on board. As seen today all coaches from these universities gave a press conference confirming the tweet no one took legit. Its happening folks. CFB will be played and these four universities from the b1g want in. Obviously Iowa does too. We may be witnessing the end of the b1g. If tOSU and Michigan is in, look out.

Why would the b1g come back today and say they havent confirmed anything yet? Pressure is on the b1g now.

Don't think for a minute this hasn't been in the works for a month or two between these blue bloods. I leaked the potential of conference realignment for this year a few months ago on another board and got laughed at.

This might just be the start of a 32 team upper level college fb division separate from anything ncaa. Throw in the right to pay players, its start from scratch.

Key here is the OSU, Michigan and PSU onboard. This is no longer up to the b1g they arent in power at this point.

Love this... here's to possibilities!

In some way, shape and form, this has been the end game that people have talked about for a few years.

If any of these contracts have outs, the blue bloods have probably been exploring what options are as far as the GOR, etc.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back